What's new

Cydia will not work after jailbreak with Absinthe

InkedAdrenaline said:
If its not stable for you then you did something wrong. The 5.1.1 jb is more than stable!! If I were you I would download absinthe from a link on this website and try again.

Agreed.

5.1.1 jailbreak is very stable. Provided you pay attention to how your taking advantage of the jailbreak.

This is not the first time I've played with cell phones. I did Absinthe twice. Once per the web instructions and once using ZIG's instructions. IN both cases Cydia stoppesd working soon after the jailbreak.

I feel that their may be some apps that mess up Cydia some how.

CXXXV said:
This is not the first time I've played with cell phones. I did Absinthe twice. Once per the web instructions and once using ZIG's instructions. IN both cases Cydia stoppesd working soon after the jailbreak.

I feel that their may be some apps that mess up Cydia some how.

There are lots of tweaks that will cause issues or interact with one another to cause instability.
I doubt that cydia just stopped working without you loading something else or making changes on your file system that are not safe.

I know its untethered, but cydia is in a stage where it needs to be re configured. the NOR and the FLASH0 where changed in the update, so cydia has to dump its old FLASH0 and its NOR. it wont load until it is refreshed. booting tethered just ONCE will fix this! Just once!!!:mad:

kells said:
Someone please help. I removed something from cydia, now my cydia app is gone I cant access safari or my email. Winterboard is still on my phone but it wont open either! Please help! I have tried to reset my phone

Removed "something"?

What iOS are you on?

kells said:
Someone please help. I removed something from cydia, now my cydia app is gone I cant access safari or my email. Winterboard is still on my phone but it wont open either! Please help! I have tried to reset my phone

Start another thread. I won't be responding anymore.

Shouldn't hijack others threads.