What's new

Cydia not showing installed packages after update

izzyfanto

Reaction score
after unistalling Corona so as to re jailbreak with redsn0w, my iphone went into a respring loop. i re jailbroke, phone booted up with all tweaks installed and everything worked just fine. but after going to Cydia, it asked to update itself, which i did. but after rebooting, none of my installed packages showed up. i found a forum saying i need to go into iFile under var>lib>dpkg and delete the "available" and "status" and then take the "old" off of the backups. i rebooted and loaded Cydia, but packages still not showing up. anybody have this problem?

Jmills87 said:
You corrupted the jailbreak by uninstalling Corona. You will have to restore and rejailbreak.
man that is frustrating. I wish I would have known. the thing is, Corona never fixed iBooks for me, and I assumed it was because I installed overtop an already untethered redsn0w. is this correct? that is why I uninstalled. and now that I have the latest redsn0w untether, iBooks still won't work, but everything else works perfectly. and what is corrupting a jailbreak mean? it doesn't seem to have any problems to me aside from now showing the installed tweaks. I saw a forum saying manually deleting and re adding the sources would fix this.

also, what if Apple had stopped signing 5.0.1, how would I restore? the new iTunes forces you to "restore AND update". I'm kinda worried about that.

thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

If 5.1 was out you wouldnt be able to restore to 5.0.1 even with saved shsh right now.

Should restore/setup as new and rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.10b4 that also fixes itunes

iMarilina said:
If 5.1 was out you wouldnt be able to restore to 5.0.1 even with saved shsh right now.

Should restore/setup as new and rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.10b4 that also fixes itunes

so I'd be SOL if 5.1 was out right now? what if I stitched blob to IPSW through redsn0w? should I never install Corona overtop a untethered redsn0w?

izzyfanto said:
so I'd be SOL if 5.1 was out right now? what if I stitched blob to IPSW through redsn0w? should I never install Corona overtop a untethered redsn0w?

You didnt need corona on top of an untethered. Corona was for tethered

You could once the shsh blobs for 5.0.1 become usable....they are not yet

Only for A5 devices, for A4 and earlier devices, SHSH can already be used with Redsn0w.

I assumed it was because I installed overtop an already untethered redsn0w. is this correct?

Redsn0w and Corona are two completely different jailbreaking methods. Corona is only for devices that were previously running a tethered jailbreak. If you used Corona initially to become untethered you just needed to update the Corona package to fix iBooks. If you use Redsn0w to jailbreak, you should have just run the new Redsn0w version over the top of your current jailbreak and unchecked the "install cydia" option to fix iBooks.

Can be used for what? You dont need them since ios 5.0.1 is still signed though. We dont know if they are usable, i think we will only know once the official 5.1 comes put and Apple stops signing 5.0.1.

They are usable. That is what the IPSW stitching tool in Redsn0w was specifically designed for. Downgrading requires a bootrom exploit which already exists on A4 and lower devices.

Jmills87 said:
Only for A5 devices, for A4 and earlier devices, SHSH can already be used with Redsn0w.

Redsn0w and Corona are two completely different jailbreaking methods. Corona is only for devices that were previously running a tethered jailbreak. If you used Corona initially to become untethered you just needed to update the Corona package to fix iBooks. If you use Redsn0w to jailbreak, you should have just run the new Redsn0w version over the top of your current jailbreak and unchecked the "install cydia" option to fix iBooks.

thanks very much for the clarification! very relieved to know the stitch feature is functional for 5.0.1.

it's unfortunate, I didn't know I needed to uncheck Cydia.

another reason I installed Corona is because IntelliScreenX wasn't downloading the license, and their FAQ Said to download Corona. any idea for a workaround?

I had this same problem and found my own way of fixing it. Go to ifile and go to the directory vvar/lib/dpkg/info. once here you can see that it has all the packages u have installed listed. all u have to do, and it takes patience, is write down all the packages and what source they were installed from. the go to cydia and re-install all of them. u may think its a hard process but us with a iphone 5 and not wanting to lose are jailbreak its worth it. its just as if u r reinstalling all of the packages. it does not affect anything with the package or its setting. it just fixes them not showing up in cydia. hope this helps