What's new

Cydia not opening after tethered jailbreak

KingJeet

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm on the IOS 4.2.1 on the iPhone 4. I decided to JB my phone. The JB went fine but when I tried to open Cydia, it was white and it kept crashing. So I decided it to boot it in tethered mode and when I did, the boot was stuck on the pineapple logo. I then put my phone into DFU mode and it is restoring right now. What did I do wrong? And now I'm scared to JB again but I've wanted to JB for a really long time.

How long was it stuck on the pineapple logo? It can take a while to reboot.

I would run the JB again. After the first reboot, Cydia is supposed to not work. You will need to run redsnow again and uncheck "install cydia" and check off "just boot tethered".

I already ran the JB a second time and the same thing happened, Cydia didn't work. I think I did something wrong because when I "booted in tethered mode" it got stuck on "exploiting limer1a"

Are you using the latest version of iTunes? Should be on 10.1. If not, install it and reboot your PC then try running the JB again.

WOW. I have the worst luck. I was trying the JB for the third time and redsn0w crashed on my PC during the JB.

I just tried my 4th jailbreak and again redsn0w crashed. This is how my jailbreaks have gone:

#1 JB: Screen froze on the pineapple screen
#2 JB: redsn0w froze at "exploiting limer1a"
#3 JB: redsn0w crashed
#4 JB: redsn0w crashed

All the attempted JBs were done by using redsn0w 0.9.6b4 on my iPhone 4 IOS 4.2.1

That is some bad luck. I'm assuming you are on the latest version of iTunes? Do you have iTunes open when running Redsn0w? Try leaving it open since Redsn0w will close it for you. If all else fails, try using a friend's PC to JB.

Good luck.

my most recent jailbreak, it said exploiting with limera1n and just froze but the jailbreak still worked =], also try closing all programs when you try to jailbreak it, that will help ensure nothing interferes with redsn0w

I think I'm just going to wait for the untethered one to come out because trying to do this JB over and over again is driving me nuts. By the way, how long do you think it'll take for the untethered JB to come out for windows?