What's new

Cydia help

M90shotgun

Reaction score
Hi,

I had few problems with the facebook app when I found my jailbroken Iphone 5S was the problem. In fact, I think it was the jailbreak. I was unable to install most of tweaks I wanted because dependence errors... So, I decided to search on the internet. I've tried plenty of solutions : reinstall cydia substrate, safe mode, etc.

Finally, I gave up on it and removed Cydia installer. Everything from Cydia is gone, I've done a reset to factory and then everything works ok (facebook and other apps).

Now, I can't reset my phone anymore because it's caught in loading loop and doesn't reset at all... I can access my phone after a hard reset. My last idea was to try jailbreaking my 5S again even if there is a warning on the evasi0n software about jailbreaking an already jailbroken iDevice.

I tried to run evasi0n as an administrator, wait for detection, click jailbreak and then unlock when prompted but at the end, no Cydia. Again, I've found something on internet to try. Now, if I try to jailbreak, when evasi0n wait for me to unlock the phone, it's not booting completely. When I'm wainting for the lockscreen to come, the message on evasion goes from to continue, slide to unlock to booting device. Evasi0n reboots my phone and says done, but anything new out there, Cydia is not installed.

This is why I ask because I don't have any other ideas to fix this..

Welcome to iPhoneForums. Please take the time to peruse our Forum Rules and abide by them.

I'm assuming that your 5S is in a boot loop. The only way to get your device working again rather than being a nice paperweight would be to restore the device fresh to 7.1.1.

Welcome to iPhoneForums. Please take the time to peruse our Forum Rules and abide by them.

I'm assuming that your 5S is in a boot loop. The only way to get your device working again rather than being a nice paperweight would be to restore the device fresh to 7.1.1.

No my phone is working. I get stuck in boot loop only of I try to reset the device to factory via settings. I just want to reinstall cydia..and stay away from updates!

Weird thing: my cydia seems gone, allost all tweaks too only reboot and respring tweaks are still on my phone and they are working.

No my phone is working. I get stuck in boot loop only of I try to reset the device to factory via settings. I just want to reinstall cydia..and stay away from updates!

Weird thing: my cydia seems gone, allost all tweaks too only reboot and respring tweaks are still on my phone and they are working.

In Settings, did you select "Erase All Content and Settings" when you were trying to "reset the device to factory via settings"?

If that is what you did, then I am afraid you have ruined your jail break and the only way to get a fully functional phone is to restore/upgrade to iOS 7.1.1 (which is not jail breakable). The "Reset" functions get changed by the jail break - so using the Reset function in Settings does not work as Apple intended [on a jail broken device]. So, always stay away from the Reset section in Settings if you're jail broken.

Sorry, but you'll have to restore.

Marilyn

Working in the sense of being able to use it. If your device is boot looping, technically it's not working since you have no access to it.

In Settings, did you select "Erase All Content and Settings" when you were trying to "reset the device to factory via settings"?

If that is what you did, then I am afraid you have ruined your jail break and the only way to get a fully functional phone is to restore/upgrade to iOS 7.1.1 (which is not jail breakable). The "Reset" functions get changed by the jail break - so using the Reset function in Settings does not work as Apple intended [on a jail broken device]. So, always stay away from the Reset section in Settings if you're jail broken.

Sorry, but you'll have to restore.

Marilyn
I need help. I have bought iphone 5c when I;m trying to jail break it trought pangu. its says your device is already jailbroken but there is no cydia app is installed in my iphone. kindly can you help me ? My iphone is running on ios 7.1.2

I need help. I have bought iphone 5c when I;m trying to jail break it trought pangu. its says your device is already jailbroken but there is no cydia app is installed in my iphone. kindly can you help me ? My iphone is running on ios 7.1.2

If you can't find Cydia on that iPhone, maybe your best bet is to use iTunes to restore it to either iOS 8.1 or iOS 8.1.1. Both iOS versions have a viable jailbreak tool, so it's really your decision as to which one to pick.

That way, you can be on the newest iOS. Then, you can use either the PangGu or the Taig jailbreak tools on iOS 8.x.

Marilyn