What's new

Custom ringtone

CHRISALLEN3285

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!!! I'm new here so please bear with me. I used to have the iPhone and switched to the Samsung Galaxy S7 about a year ago. I have decided to switch back to the iPhone and I need everyone's help. I want to add a custom ringtone to the iPhone and I'm not sure how to do that. I want to make this song as my ringtone: www.soundboard.com/sb/sound/234902 Does anyone know how to do that?

Use iTunes.

There's been a few posts about it on these forums in the past, with step by step instructions. I'm not good with search feature myself (lazy actually), but I'm sure someone else will chime in soon enough with a link to the thread.

If you want that song, you have three options. Put it in iTunes on computer. Buy the song, or Ringtone if available, from iTunes. Use the GarageBand app to record the song and add it to iTunes.

Ok! How do I put it in iTunes? You said to buy it in iTunes. What if iTunes doesn't have it? I used to have the iPhone so I'm familiar with iTunes. However, I'm not familiar with the GarageBand app you're talking about. What has always frustrated me is that I have always wanted this particular song as my ringtone and could never figure out a way to do it. Could you give me step by step instructions on how to do this? It would be a lot easier for me

Save a copy of the file in .mp3, .wav, .aac, lossless (and I believe there is one more iTunes can read) format on your hard drive.

Drag the file into iTunes and it will add the file to your iTunes library.

Reactions: 933
How do I save a copy of the file in .mp3, .wav, .acc, or lossless? I don't know how to do that. You said to drag the file into iTunes. What if I don't have a computer but I do have an iPad Pro 9.7 or an iPad mini 4 that has iTunes?

I will have to defer to others. While I have (and love) an iPad that is much older, I always use my computer for iTunes work and syncing files to my iDevices

How do I save a copy of the file in .mp3, .wav, .acc, or lossless? I don't know how to do that. You said to drag the file into iTunes. What if I don't have a computer but I do have an iPad Pro 9.7 or an iPad mini 4 that has iTunes?
If you don't have access to a computer, your only option I know of is to check in the iTunes Store app and see if that song is available as a Ringtone. If so, purchase it.

You can record a portion of the song and use it as a ringtone as well. This is what some apps allow. I use the app called
"Ringtone Designer". It works for what you are wanting. Used it myself to make a few songs. Just type in "ringtone maker" in the search area of the App Store. Hope this helps and here are a couple of screenshots of the app I am speaking about.
IMG_1475.JPG
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1477.JPG

If you don't have access to a computer, your only option I know of is to check in the iTunes Store app and see if that song is available as a Ringtone. If so, purchase it.

The first thing I did when I got the iPhone was check for this song in the iTunes store and they didn't have it

The Dolphins fight song correct?? Here it is I believe.
IMG_1478.jpg

I search for "Miami Dolphins Fight Song". This is what came up. It has a list of most of the NFL team songs I think. Hope this helps. Have a good one.

I searched in iTunes for this song. Again, hope this helps. Have a Blessed Day.

Hello Everyone!!!! I'm new here so please bear with me. I used to have the iPhone and switched to the Samsung Galaxy S7 about a year ago. I have decided to switch back to the iPhone and I need everyone's help. I want to add a custom ringtone to the iPhone and I'm not sure how to do that. I want to make this song as my ringtone: www.soundboard.com/sb/sound/234902 Does anyone know how to do that?

Found a thread with instructions.

Ringtones

I knew there was a way to do it. Either by computer or by getting the song on the phone through another program. Good find there Junior!!! Good find for sure!!!!