What's new

Copy app data from backup

SgtSmackSmith

Reaction score
hey guys, is it possible to copy all my app data from an old backup and paste them in a new backup? I cant restore from the old backup i just want to get the app data off. So can i just copy my "application" folder and put it in a new backup and restore from it??
Thanks

SgtSmackSmith said:
hey guys, is it possible to copy all my app data from an old backup and paste them in a new backup? I cant restore from the old backup i just want to get the app data off. So can i just copy my "application" folder and put it in a new backup and restore from it??
Thanks

That is a very tricky process. I recommend a new user to just start from scratch.

Or just toggle on "app data" in iCloud and make sure to choose "Use iCloud" when you setup the phone after restore.

That is a very tricky process. I recommend a new user to just start from scratch.

Or just toggle on "app data" in iCloud and make sure to choose "Use iCloud" when you setup the phone after restore.

Ok thanks, one other thing though, all i want is to have my app data on a backup without restrictions; so is there anyway to reset the restrictions or find the password on ios 5??

SgtSmackSmith said:
Ok thanks, one other thing though, all i want is to have my app data on a backup without restrictions; so is there anyway to reset the restrictions or find the password on ios 5??

I have no idea.

You would have to open the backup file and locate the restrictions string...which may not be so easy to find...as you may actually have to understand the code to even find it.

I think your getting in over your head here.

I would just restore and setup as new and start from scratch...it would probably be a whole lot faster.lol.