What's new

Continous apps made me go over data plan

Angel

Reaction score
Ugh some of the applications didn't shut down and caused me to go over my data plan -- an AT&T customer service rep said to go to killer app and get the app that once you click it -- it will stop all apps from running -- I have searched hours and can not locate the app he was talking about -- does anyone know??

Angel said:
Ugh some of the applications didn't shut down and caused me to go over my data plan -- an AT&T customer service rep said to go to killer app and get the app that once you click it -- it will stop all apps from running -- I have searched hours and can not locate the app he was talking about -- does anyone know??

I too would like this app!

Double tap the home button to reveal the multitask bar. There you will see all the apps in pause state or runing in the background. Tap hold anyone of the apps, they will start wiggling and you will see a red minus sign on top of each apps. Tap that sign one by one to close all apps you see there.

I tried that tapped on the home all of my apps were there so I clicked on all the red minus signs so that means nothing will stay open by doing that -- thank u!!

Last edited:
I tried that tapped on the home all of my apps were there so I clicked on all the red minus signs so that means nothing will stay open by doing that -- thank u!!

Good. Do that to completely close apps otherwise they will either be in pause or runing state in the background. Good luck.

I wonder why an AT&T csr told me to get some killer app -- this seems so much easier thank you!!

I wonder why an AT&T csr told me to get some killer app -- this seems so much easier thank you!!

And there is no even any application in the app store which serve to kill all runing applications on the phone, so the guy at AT&T was surely talking about the multitasking.
You will only find apps/tweaks which kills all runing apps on the device from cydia, not in the app store.

Killer app, thats weird :p, but yea the multitasking thing is the way to go. I read stories about people losing 100's of bucks every month because they have apps running on the background.

It sounds like he was getting the iPhone confused with Android phones. Task killer apps are very popular on that platform, even though they are not needed and can be detrimental to the performance of the device.

They are simply no good for UNIX-like OSes. Just like they have no business on Android phones, they also do not belong on iPhone. The problem is the "kill all" button, which doesn't just kill off background apps, it can also kill services that are necessary for the device to function. When this happens, the services and system apps must relaunch; and this uses resources.

My Vzn rep did not "specify" that my data plan would be changing or "limited" to a certain amount, am I now limited to a certain amount of data per month because I have the iPhone? Because I have always been so accustomed to not worrying about it with unlimited data?