What's new

Contacts & files on iphone

Tody

Reaction score
Okay....now for some dumb questions! I first synced my phone with outlook and then discovered there were over 100 erroneous contacts. So, finding no way to delete all contacts at once on the iphone, I deleted them all one at a time. Then I cleaned up Outlook. I tried to re-sync with outlook and got a warning that it would erase all the contacts on my computer (as there were no contacts on the phone). Not good! Now what?
Also....how can you put just some pics on the phone. There are over 6000 pics stored on my computer. I certainly don't want to sync with the My Pictures folder.
Long post, but how do you pick and choose what files you want to put on the iphone? My previous smart phone allowed you to "drag" folders or individual files. Thanks.

First off there is a check box at the bottom of the info page that says merge info from this iPhone with the computer. (the tabs show up when your phone is plugged in). Second under the pictures tab just select "sync selected folders" then select each one you want synced.

Thanks for the help.
I was used to dragging separate files, photos, music, etc. to my Moto Q9. And it two way synced contacts without any problems. So this is a new ball game for me. I'll get the hang of it soon with a little help.

Thanks for the help.
I was used to dragging separate files, photos, music, etc. to my Moto Q9. And it two way synced contacts without any problems. So this is a new ball game for me. I'll get the hang of it soon with a little help.

You and me both. I am on a sharp learning curve myself! All the cool stuff that I have seen and liked seems to be on jailbroken phones. So now what ? Lol!

Thanks for the help.

You and me both. I am on a sharp learning curve myself! All the cool stuff that I have seen and liked seems to be on jailbroken phones. So now what ? Lol!

I haven't previously seen anything on the iphone before my purchase. So I guess I don't know what I'm missing! My son told me that jail breaking the phone could void the warranty. Is this true? I bought the 2 years extended warranty from Apple and don't want to void that.

Thanks for the help.

I haven't previously seen anything on the iphone before my purchase. So I guess I don't know what I'm missing! My son told me that jail breaking the phone could void the warranty. Is this true? I bought the 2 years extended warranty from Apple and don't want to void that.

If it gets stuck in a jailbroken state.. It will void your warranty. Most likely it won't but the complete restore back to stock isn't always perfect..