What's new

Contact missing how can restore

Hamid

Reaction score
Hi

I am new user of Iphone and just installed the itunes 10 and I haven't created account in the Itune.
I wanted to sync and made backup of from contacts to laptop. but unfortunately all contacts has been eliminated due to Microsoft outlook doesn't have any contact number.

Please guide me how can I restore the contact information

Thanks

Hamid

Hi Hamid,

I'm new to all this but have some learning issues with both the iphone & Outlook in terms of contacts/address book.

In the process of experimenting my first day, I somehow deleted all my contacts. I went back to the store (where I bought the Iphone) and had them re-upload them from my old phone.

The next problem was - trying to figure out how outlook deals with contacts.

Outlook is weird that it has 'contacts' and an 'address book' and I'm not sure how they're connected. People are in 'contacts' but don't always show up in address book. Currently, I've done some cleaning out of old information in outlook & primarily edit the contacts. However - the contact/address book relation in outlook still puzzles me. Sometimes photos don't match up on both ends (importing?) etc. Again - I'm still trying to figure it out. If anyone has any insight, feel free to elaborate!! Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi I am new to this and have just found our comments. Did you get this sorted cause I think I am having the same problems :)

This may not be the answer you folks are looking for, but this works for me, every time: Set up a Gmail account and either manually input ALL your contact info into Gmail's Contact list, or transfer all your Outlook, etc., contacts to Gmail. Then add that Gmail account to your iPhone -- the Contacts will download automatically. If you ever lose them from your iPhone, Gmail will restore them.

I tried that with gmail and my contacts didn't sync to my iPhone

Your gone search syncing google contacts then click on the second thread which is transferring contact once that's done look thru the forum and there should be a post with four links at the bottom of it click on the first one and I went all the way to step 5 and followed their instruction on how to sync contacts

hey everybody, i am a new member too and i would like an advise about the address book with your contacts. When you sync, where you address book is being saved?