What's new

Contacts are still transferring to old phone 10 miles away!

kiko

Reaction score
Ive just got aniphone4s.

I wanted to transfer my contacts from my old Blackberry curve (no problems there) ..got a tutorial from YT about Google Exchange, brilliant! all contacts transferred no problem.
I gave my old phone to me matie.....Every time he turns it on, all my contacts re-populate it! he deletes them and the appear all over again :( If I turn off the contacts in 'Exchange' in my phone, I loose all my contacts!. Turn it back on and they reappear! When he put his sim in I got his contacts as well!
How do I stop this carry on..
The Blackberry was on T-Mobile UK, I cancelled (30 days notice, 20 days left) Iphone is on 3UK, new contract and transferred number from T-mobile. icloud is on

Help please.

what your an do is to create an iCloud account, sync up your contacts present in your iPhone to iCloud, then permanently delete those contacts on your old phone one and for good. Or there have to be a way to unsync your old phone from retrieving your contacts from bb server maybe? Or a way to wipe out your contacts from bb or t-mobile server?

Ive deleted contacts from old phone and they keep appearing back. How can I transfer phone number contacts, from icloud to iphone?

Its off. how do i transfer them from icloud to iphone? there in 'all contacts' and 'exchange contacts' but not in 'on my iphone'
the person who put his sim card into the blackberry, his contacts have appeared on my iphone?

Ah well, I think you will need to log in iCloud on your computer.
On one way to manually do it is, follow these screenshots:
602cb8b3-a9e5-b919.jpg
602cb8b3-a9fa-8d7e.jpg
602cb8b3-aa0a-6c72.jpg

After that, use another iDevice to access your iCloud account, let all you iCloud contacts sync to the iDevice, and then manually delete those contacts one by one, what ever change you will make to the contacts will be sync with your iCloud contacts, you can then delete all the contacts manually. As for the bb contacts stuff, I have no clue how to solve it. This my post is only about iCloud.

Last edited: