What's new

Connectivity issue

bonnell

Reaction score
I had no issues ever with the iPhone 4 connecting to wifi. Two days ago all our phones dropped connection and it tells us unable to connect. I have rebooted the wireless modem and followed every suggested reset for the phone. Nothing works. I'm beyond frustrated. Any suggestions?

You need to confirm that the encryption key and WiFi ID has not changed. If either has changed, which is the most likely issue, you will need to teach the iPhone the new connection information.

Skull One said:
You need to confirm that the encryption key and WiFi ID has not changed. If either has changed, which is the most likely issue, you will need to teach the iPhone the new connection information.

How do I do this skull?

Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) thru either tech support or their web page. Every ISP can be setup differently. So there is no way for me to know your particular conditions.

Try to unplug the modem for about 10 minutes, this makes sure that it has truly reset, then restart it and if that doesn't work, forget the connections on your iPhones in "Settings" and set them up again.

Ok this is weird. For all this time I haven't been able to connect. I tried again just now and it connects. I didn't do anything. Does this give us any clue to what has been happening?