What's new

Connecting to network

Your paperclip reset should not have erased all the settings. It's never done that with my router. I'm glad that you were able to get a good connection to your iPhone after all that.

Oh dear, I spoke too soon. I find now that my 7 plus has dropped the connexion, while my wife's iPhone and iPad and this MacBook Air have all retained it. I have an appointment at Genius Bar tomorrow, so perhaps that will resolve this.

When you go to the Genius Bar bring the router with you so they can test both devices just in case the problem is with the router and not your iPhone. Hopefully they'll be able to see how your iPhone keeps dropping the internet connection.

When you go to the Genius Bar bring the router with you so they can test both devices just in case the problem is with the router and not your iPhone. Hopefully they'll be able to see how your iPhone keeps dropping the internet connection.
Thank you, I shall do that, and report back.

I was unable to take our router to Genius Bar today as it was heavily in demand at home. However, the technician there, after carrying out diagnostic tests, told me that she could find nothing wrong with the iPhone. She then suggested that I try our router here at home, having first disabled the VPN. I did that, and the iPhone and router are now working perfectly together. My VPN software is Nord, which I have hitherto found trouble-free, so I shall certainly be asking them for help, but does this suggest anything to you ?

I was unable to take our router to Genius Bar today as it was heavily in demand at home. However, the technician there, after carrying out diagnostic tests, told me that she could find nothing wrong with the iPhone. She then suggested that I try our router here at home, having first disabled the VPN. I did that, and the iPhone and router are now working perfectly together. My VPN software is Nord, which I have hitherto found trouble-free, so I shall certainly be asking them for help, but does this suggest anything to you ?

The Nord Help-Desk has suggested going into my router-settings, and pressing Renew Lease, and then rebooting. This does seem to be doing the job, but I must not be in a rush to believe that my troubles are in the past ! I shall report on results.

I have talked to Nord's exceptionally-helpful technician, and tried his various suggestions, but so far without success. Only by deleting Nord can I get consistent results with our router. I thought of trying other VPN-applications, and started with Tunnel Bear. No better than Nord in terms of having a good connexion with the Internet. Then I tried Express VPN This seems to work perfectly, but we shall see.... More anon.

I have talked to Nord's exceptionally-helpful technician, and tried his various suggestions, but so far without success. Only by deleting Nord can I get consistent results with our router. I thought of trying other VPN-applications, and started with Tunnel Bear. No better than Nord in terms of having a good connexion with the Internet. Then I tried Express VPN This seems to work perfectly, but we shall see.... More anon.

I am in my 7-day free period with ExpressVPN, and its seems to be trouble-free and impressively fast. It looks as though Nord was the trouble. But I am still not jumping to conclusions...