What's new

Connecting In Europe? Iphone 4...Greece...

Ultrimate

Reaction score
Hello, I have a cousin in Greece that wants to get an iPhone 4, from what I understand he needs an unlocked iPhone 4 and a sims cutter to make the sims card fit, that or get a micro sims card if available?

Can someone plz enlighten me some more, tell me if it's possible to connect in Greece?

Will he just put sims card in unlocked iPhone 4 and add minutes? Thx in advance...

nai re its possible. ellada/greece will and do sell them factory unlocked. i think they will be getting them in september. as for micro sim either talk to the carrier or use ebay or google to find sim cutter or cut the sim card down to size yourself. there are lots of tutorials online, you dont need to use unlock tools unless your cheap and buy it from a country that has it locked outside of ellada;p.. in cyprus they send us the phones from greece unlocked. but this year they are late sending it

I can't believe they don't sell micro sims in Greece !

Na, re! My parents are both from Greece and we have 2 houses in varda!
I leaven for Greece next Sunday for 6 weeks!

very nice. you should get it before you go to greece you might pay much more money there. in cyprus it costs 1300 euros for the 32GB and its sim free.. i bought two for that price in england

Well, it's my cousin that wants one, I got a blackberry bold 9000 unlocked for almost 300 off amazon, may arrive today, it's gsm and 3G, works in Greece and USA..

I don't know if my cousin will want iphone 4 unlocked ,now that I told him it's 1000 bucks for iphone4 unlocked!

well it depends where you buy it from, some have it for cheaper, in england it was 600 english pounds unlocked for the 32gb. in canada they have it also. greece i am not sure the cost it might be around 600 maybe more euros but sim free

I bought an iPhone 4 directly from Apple. Jailbroke and unlocked. Will bring it to Greece when I go in September. I also bought a sim cutter. I just cut a sim card from the Philippines to try to see if the unlocking worked. It did!! Can't wait to use it in Greece. Of course I'll have to bring the sim cutter with me to cut the local sim card there. You can buy an iPhone from apple for $599 plus tax no contract price.

so you got the phone locked. in apple they have them sim free probably for the same price so you dont have the hassle of needing unlock tools every time.. but oh well good thing you got a sim cutter. and ofc it works :)