What's new

Connect to iTunes loop

myrcell

Reaction score
Q: Wife updated iOS to 6.0.1 via WiFi. Non-jailbroken iPhone 4s is now in recovery mode. Don´t want to restore (no backup since the renaissance). Tried kicking it out using tinyumbrella (stuck in loop) and fixrecovery 421 (goes through what I believe is all the stages but ultimately ends up in recovery mode again). Any hope of retrieving photos etc. ?

The dreaded OTA upgrade. Never the way to upgrade really. But back to the problem. See if your computer can still recognize the iPhone when you plug it in. We can try using iExplorer or iFunBox to retrieve items off of the iPhone assuming your iPhone's core is still intact.

Tell me about it... :) Spent five days trying to fix this. My computer does not recognize the phone. If you by that mean that it shows up as a camera. Also tried iREB since my first post but to no avail and tweeted (english?) with ih8tesn0w about it. He seemed to think that it´s a lost cause. A friend suggested (this is stupid but I will try anything) to start a restore and then pull the cord.

Not in My Computer, in Device Manager. On your PC, click on Start, and type in Device Manager in the search box. Or you can go to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Device Manager (Under Devices and Printers). Then look in the peripherals for any Apple related drivers when the iPhone is plugged in

Ok. It just shows up as "unknown device" under other devices.

Are you under warranty, if you had all your photos & contacts on iCloud there would've been no problem. Try going into Apple Stores and asking for support.

Many Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ