What's new

JAIL BROKEN IPHONE STUCK IN LOOP

screwmyiphone

Reaction score
i recently jail broken my iphone 5 on ios 8.1 i believe. and i downloaded a tethering app on cydia and restarted my iphone now it is stuck in this loop that goes from start up screen, to a black screen, then to my lock screen that is frozen. i only know how to reset it on itunes with recovery mode but that will update my phone to the newest ios and i wouldnt be able to jailbreak again. any one can tell me how to fix it or restore it to my original ios. thank you.

You could try resetting your iPhone. It's done by pressing and holding Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let got of both, it should power up on it's own.
You won't change any settings or remove data when you try this, so if it doesn't help, there'll be no further damage done.

If this doesn't help, you might have to restore your device, which will update it, as you know, to 8.2. It would be possible to revert to 8.1.3, but that can't be jailbroken either. It's not possible to restore to a different software version.

You could try resetting your iPhone. It's done by pressing and holding Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let got of both, it should power up on it's own.
You won't change any settings or remove data when you try this, so if it doesn't help, there'll be no further damage done.

If this doesn't help, you might have to restore your device, which will update it, as you know, to 8.2. It would be possible to revert to 8.1.3, but that can't be jailbroken either. It's not possible to restore to a different software version.

i have done the hard reset a couple million times now, but im not trrying to restore to a different sowtware i just want to know if there is a way to restore withouth updating.

Try doing a reset of your iPhone (hold Sleep and Home buttons down until you see the Apple logo). When you see the Apple logo, press and hold the volume up button until (hopefully) you get your lockscreen.

If you do get to your lockscreen and can get into your phone, you will be in "no substrate mode" go to Cydia and remove the tweak you just installed. Cydia should prompt you to respring after removing the tweak.

If the phone does not look as normal after the respring, reset the phone again, but don't hold the volume button.

Hopefully, that should work. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn