What's new

Confused on how to get calendars to work together

compiler

Reaction score
OK, my wife and I recently each got an iPhone 6 Plus.
Before getting the phones, I had a calendar on each of my two PCs. They would synch to my google calendar. So, make one change on one PC calendar, ti would go to the google calendar. Each PC would read the google calendar. Bottom line: change one and all calendar's change.

My question: how do we get these calendars to synch? I would like to be able to make a change on any computer or iphone and have it show up. I think this will happen if we can synch it with my google calendar.

Can't seem to do that

Mel

Install the Google acount on your iPhone. Enable Calendars. In Settings - Calendars, go to Default Calendar, and make the Google calendar your default one.
When you create a new event on your iPhone, it will be automatically be created for the Google calendar. This means, it will sync to the calendar on your PC.

Go to the Settings app, scroll down to Mail and select it. Choose Accounts at the top, then go to Add Account and set up your Google account there. The events will be visible in the built in Calendar app, if you install it this way.

It's also possible to use a calendar app (not the built in app) working with Google. There are quite a few in App Store. Search for "Google calendar", and you'll get a few results.

Thank you very much for your help. I did not go through mail, but maybe it was the same thing. I went through Settings/Calendar/Account/Add Account. I was then able to add my gmail account. I then made that the default calendar.

It seems to be working!

Thanks again.

Mel