What's new

completely dead 3gs

niamhsdad

Reaction score
My wife rang from her friends phone in spain to say she just plugged her charger in and the phone died completely. She tried holding both buttons to restart it and the on off button on its own but nothing happened. Could this be a voltage problem? We both charged up fine in greece last year. What possible damage could there be? (anything very expensive for a start) I told her i will connect it to itunes when she gets back and if that fails i will get a new battery from ebay (any suggestions or recommendations please) other than that i am stumped. It isn't jailbroken but it is unlocked to take any sim. Ta very much in advance:)

it was on o2 but the owner had it unlocked before selling it to the wife. she now has a vodadone sim in it

I have no idea what a baseband is:eek:. updated or not. we will try connecting to itunes and maybe a new battery but after that it will probably be sold as a non runner. she will have to make do with her old nokia till she saves up enough for another one

niamhsdad said:
I have no idea what a baseband is:eek:. updated or not. we will try connecting to itunes and maybe a new battery but after that it will probably be sold as a non runner. she will have to make do with her old nokia till she saves up enough for another one

Baseband is what connects the phone to its carrier.

Certain baseband versions can be unlocked to use the phone on other carriers while some basebands cannot.

When you rely on an unlock, and you need to restore your phone, you must create a custom iPSW to preserve the baseband version....as the new versions cannot be unlocked...and updating to stock firmware permanently updates the baseband...therefore once the unlocked iPhone is updated with anything other then a custom iPSW then the unlock is gone..until a new tool comes out to unlock the later baseband....don't hold your breath. I think baseband unlocking is getting harder....idk.

try the new battery first. i bought one from replacebase as he has the original ones and it worked like a dream. my iphone is back working again. hope you get your iphone working again.

thanks for all the reply's. i am a little bit wiser and expecting to be quite a lot lighter in the pocket. fingers crossed eh:D