What's new

Dead 5

Charlie2013

Reaction score
First off let me say Hi and thanks in advance. I am trying to recover some pics from my sister's 5.

She tried to use he phone last night and it was off. She could not getting it to turn on. She tried plugging it in to the charger and still nothing.
This is happened before and she lost everything. I would like to be able to try to see if there is a way to recover this pics, even if I can't save the phone. She has not backed up her phone in a while so that is not an option.

If the phone is recognized by iTunes on your computer you can back it up or export the photos to your computer. However, if your phone is not recognized by your computer there's no way to get at the photos.

Itunes doesn't see it. Is there anyway of putting memory in another phone? This is really important and I will go through any costs.

Itunes doesn't see it. Is there anyway of putting memory in another phone? This is really important and I will go through any costs.
I'm afraid that there's no way to transfer data directly from one iPhone to another. You could have your sister take the iPhone in for a Genius Bar appointment to see exactly what's wrong with it. Your only hope would be if the phone could be repaired without erasing it.

You're welcome. Let us know if you manage to salvage the photos from your sister's iPhone.

SO I replaced the battery and I can get it to rest. It will even bring up the screen. But wont let me do anything else.....Going to keep trying.

EDIT

Is it possible to replace the power plug? I am lead to believe that the phone is not charging.

Last edited: