What's new

Mail not sending?

baabydollXo

Reaction score
I actually came across this app by searching this question on google so maybe someone can help me out?

My mom and I both have iPhone 3GS with Telus (Canadian company) an she is having problems with her email. She can receive them but she can't send them out they just keep saying that it can't connect so I've told her to try turning off her phone but that doesn't work. Is there any way we can delete the existing account on there to try an restart her email account?

Thanks in advance!
:)

Yes just got to settings- mail- the account you wanna delete- then hit the big red delete account button! Then you just add it back by going to settings- mail- add new account! That should fix it!

Last edited:
darkstar2007 said:
Yes just got to settings- mail- the account you wanna delete- then hit the big red delete account button! Then you just add it back by going to settings- mail- add new account! That should fix it!

So it's telling her now that the user name an password is incorrect but once we put back her email name an password it connected an brought in all her emails again? :/

darkstar2007 said:

+1...

baabydollXo said:
So it's telling her now that the user name an password is incorrect but once we put back her email name an password it connected an brought in all her emails again? :/

She may have just got something wrong the first time :D It should be ok now! Let us know if it helped!

darkstar2007 said:
She may have just got something wrong the first time :D It should be ok now! Let us know if it helped!

That didn't help? It just says
"cannot send mail
The user name or password for "smtp:****@[email protected]" is incorrect"

I have starred out her email but thats the msg that comes up every time. So deleting the email an trying again didn't help!

baabydollXo said:
That didn't help? It just says
"cannot send mail
The user name or password for "smtp:****@[email protected]" is incorrect"

I have starred out her email but thats the msg that comes up every time. So deleting the email an trying again didn't help!

Try this

Settings / mail /accounts (the account you set up) / SMTP / Other STMP servers.
Turn on AT&T SMTP server

If you've changed your hotmail password you then have to change it in TWO different places in your iPhone settings. 1) Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>click on the email Account you changed the password for>under "Incoming Mail Server" change your password>then scroll down a little farther to your Outgoing Mail Server SMTP and tap that>under Primary Server tap smtp.live.com or whatever it says and make sure it's on>then change the password in here as well under Outgoing Mail Server. Now you will be able to send and receive hotmails like before.

darkstar2007 said:
Try this

Settings / mail /accounts (the account you set up) / SMTP / Other STMP servers.
Turn on AT&T SMTP server

We aren't with AT&T we are with telus.
We changed so both passwords are the same now it says:

"a copy has been placed in your outbox. Sending message content to the server failed."

baabydollXo said:
We aren't with AT&T we are with telus.
We changed so both passwords are the same now it says:

"a copy has been placed in your outbox. Sending message content to the server failed."

So the second suggestion didn't work? If it didn't try this.

Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and select the email account that is giving you trouble. Make sure you have an outgoing server set up, and verify it is going to the correct address. Your email provider can give you this address.

darkstar2007 said:
So the second suggestion didn't work? If it didn't try this.

Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and select the email account that is giving you trouble. Make sure you have an outgoing server set up, and verify it is going to the correct address. Your email provider can give you this address.

I told her to make sure that she has both her passwords the same. I can't add another server because I don't know what I'm adding for a host name?