What's new

Clear disk space

N1XIO

Reaction score
My disk space is corrupted. I had over 3gb free this morning. Them Slacker said it can't play my cached stations anymore. I checked my disk space and it showed only 400mb free. I removed the cached stations and it won't free up my memory.

I have removed Slacker, did a hard reset, still nothing. The 1.2gb files exploded and used all my memory and are attached to something because the hard reset won't clear them.

Any ideas?

Do a backup thru itunes and then a full restore. You get two benefits.

1) Removes all bad files.
2) Defrags the memory space.

This phone has not been connected to iToons before. All apps and upgrades were done OTA. Will this still work?

yeah it will work, connect your iPhone to iTunes, highlight your iPhone name in iTunes and right click on it, in the drop list you will see "backup" select backup and let iTunes backup your personal files.
You can not sync your iPhone to a new iTunes, but your can backup your files (sms, contacts, photos, videos, some other files). NB: musics, apps, and other stuff purchase or downloaded in the apps store or in iTunes will not be part of the backup.

This might be hard to believe, but, it fixed itself! I didn't connect to iToons, or do anything else. This morning it was only showing 2gb left, though I only had 3.5gb of apps and data. then a couple of hours ago it showed 10gb free!

Can anybody tell me how this could happen?