What's new

Home Button issue

Accordlayingkit

Reaction score
My wife's iPhone 4 won't always acknowledge when the home button has been Hit.. Have to hit it alot to close and app or even when the screen is locked its won't wake up unless I hit the power button!!! I've hard resetted numerous time and I've done the home button calibration and neither helped. She said it's been doing it since the IO6 update. Anyone with anymore ideas to try?

Thanks!

Hi there...have a look at this for calibrating your home button and see if this helps.

How To: Recalibrate Your iDevice's Home Button -- AppAdvice

Also, in a pinch, you can turn on your virtual home button by going to settings/general/accessibility...and check the assistive touch. From there you have a virtual home button that you can drag anywhere on your screen.

Skimonkey said:
Hi there...have a look at this for calibrating your home button and see if this helps.

Also, in a pinch, you can turn on your virtual home button by going to settings/general/accessibility...and check the assistive touch. From there you have a virtual home button that you can drag anywhere on your screen.

Ok ill check it out and report back... Thanks

This is the same exact link on calibration i tried last night and didnt work

This is the same exact link on calibration i tried last night and didnt work

Whoops, sorry that I misread your first post. Might want to suggest that you head over to the Apple Store and have them do a diagnostic testing to see what is happening there.

Meanwhile, you can turn on the virtual home button.