What's new

Cleaning?

FunkatronJive

Reaction score
Does anyone clean their iPhone? Do you clean the case it's in?

I am a crazy hand washer and I can't stand not cleaning my phone when I come home from shopping. I didn't have a screen protector or case on my old blackberry so I use to take alcohol swabs and totally wipe down my blackberry. Now with a screen protector and a gelli casemate case I dont really know if I can do anything. It drives me nuts touching my phone at home when I have been out earlier shopping and touching my phone.

I take mine out of my Otterbox defender about 2-3 times a week and wipe it down really good with a lint free cloth as well as the inside and outside of the defender.

i have the ivisible sheild on my phone and clean it a couple times a week with a paper towel and alcahol(hic)
my wife says im crazy

I take my phone out of it's leather case periodically and rub it down with a microfiber cloth. I haven't cleaned the case yet, it hasn't gotten dirty.

Last edited:
I use this stuff............ I haven't found anything better and it's almost a lifetime supply

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Monster...79.p?id=1069297113224&skuId=5774879&st=screen cleaning&contract_desc=null

X2 to this. i use it and it always does a great job. I also go on eBay and buy screen covers by the bulk and replace the screen cover every couple months. I rarely take my phone from its Speck case though, thing is as safe as can be in there so need to worry about its backside.

Im always cleaning my iphone got a screen protector but always in a leather case, always have a cleaning kit somewhere in the car, draw at work, bedroom, living room loool just incase I ever need to clean those grubby fingerprints off lol meh

I use this stuff............ I haven't found anything better and it's almost a lifetime supply

X2 to this. i use it and it always does a great job. I also go on eBay and buy screen covers by the bulk and replace the screen cover every couple months. I rarely take my phone from its Speck case though, thing is as safe as can be in there so need to worry about its backside.

Can you recommend a buyer on eBay for the screens?

Thanks!

I use my bath towel

Me too. :D But may I know did u guys clean the dock connector coz mine looks like got lot of dusts inside and I'm scare to clean it. It will damage the chip. Anyone have any idea to clean that part?

Thanks

Does anyone know if you use canned air (Dust Off) in the docking connector slot or the headphone jack, if the air will blow the dust deep into the phone or under the screen where you can't get it back out?

Does anyone know if you use canned air (Dust Off) in the docking connector slot or the headphone jack, if the air will blow the dust deep into the phone or under the screen where you can't get it back out?

i used canned air on my last night and regularly for that matter. its easy for lint from your pockets to get jammed up into the docking connector or stuck to the microphone/speaker screens on the bottom. I usually just hit them with canned air at an angle to blow off the lint. If you do this regularly then you dont risk getting so much stuff stuck in there.

Can you recommend a buyer on eBay for the screens?

Thanks!

i use "itrimming.com" on ebay for my screen protectors. Its costs less than 10bucks for about 6 screens covers(front and back). They're not the super top quality but ive had my 4 for quite some time and ive dropped it on gravel twice! and these protectors have save the glass both times. Every time i remove the screen protectors and and clean the glass it looks as good as the day i pulled it out of the box.

Take it out of the case once a week and clean or screen protector clean every so often.