What's new

Chronic Dev Team To Release Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak

My sister got the mac book.

I thought that version for mac was crap. beta, with bugs...

Now if its the same, there isnt any point for me to wait for windows one.

Can anyone give me a guide run down to how to install it on mac and what i had to have saved.....

Just seen the Tweet - I think it's related to Greenpois0n:-

tweetg.jpg

It won't be the jailbreak on the phone working slow. What they mean is the actual inital jailbreak as redsn0w for 4.2.1 runs really slow on windows as it runs through it's cycles. As far as I know they have fixed the Bluetooth and wifi icon issue has been resolved.

I dont understand those shsh are and how to install that crap. as well as which jb to get. cause it says in order to install untethered one u need the phone to be jailbroken.

anyone who successfully did the mac jb wants to help me?

Cause i cannot wait no more. tired!

I dont understand those shsh are and how to install that crap. as well as which jb to get. cause it says in order to install untethered one u need the phone to be jailbroken.

anyone who successfully did the mac jb wants to help me?

Cause i cannot wait no more. tired!

Hi, I followed this tutorial and it worked fine. I was a complete beginner and nervous about doing it too, but it worked a treat. This is for the UNtethered version as I am on 4.2.1 and there is no untethered for it yet.

The SHSH keys are so you can downgrade to the current version of iOS you are running if you want to after you upgrade.... for example... if you are on 4.2.1 now, and save your SHSH blobs, then upgrade to 4.3 in a months time, then figure you like 4.2.1 better, you can downgrade providing you have saved and kept your SHSH blobs.

If you run into a problem while following the below link I'd suggest starting a thread in the forum :)

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.2.1]

Good luck.

Update-
Greenpois0n RC5 Untethered iOS 4.2.1 OOB Jailbreak To Support all Devices

There were different rumors that the upcoming Greenpois0n jailbreak tool might not support all devices. Chronic Dev Team member pod2g has given an update on this. The rumors were not right. The developer has confirmed that the updated Greenpois0n tool will do an untethered jailbreak on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G and iPad running iOS 4.2.1 OOB.
Here is what pod2g has tweeted:
About the 4.2.1. OOB jailbreak : it will be for all devices supported by gp at that time.

Previously we have seen Joshu Hill, they key member of Chronic Dev Team posted a teaser video revealing untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak. The video shows the iPhone 4 device being operated by untethered jailbreak solution.
The good thing about the upcoming Greenpois0n RC5 jailbreak tool is that it will not require you to have saved iOS 4.2b3 SHSH blobs.
On the other hand pod2g has also found a new exploit to do an untethered jailbreak. But most likely they will introduce it for iOS 4.3 or iOS 5.0. Shatter jailbreak tool is also saved by the Chronic Dev Team which is considered to be the most powerful.
No estimated time of arrival has been told for the release of Greenpois0n tool. We only only that this time they have come very close to release an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak solution. We know that you are too anxious to get it but you have to be a little patient.

So...

WHEN IS THE 4.2.1 UNTETHERED VERSION FOR WINDOWS WILL BE RELEASED????

I saw a post that read "the wait is over", yet this version still hasn't been released, so the wait is anything BUT over.... :rolleyes:

So...

WHEN IS THE 4.2.1 UNTETHERED VERSION FOR WINDOWS WILL BE RELEASED????

I saw a post that read "the wait is over", yet this version still hasn't been released, so the wait is anything BUT over.... :rolleyes:

There is no release date. We just have to be patient and wait for it to come out.

So when will the unlock come out?

But I thought the wait was over.... :)

Quick question: if my iphone is running 4.2.1 and it's jailbroken using the tethered version, will I need to wipe out my phone in order to jailbreak it with the untethered one?