What's new

Chronic Dev Team To Release Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak

tankie_sean

Reaction score
We were expecting this. The Chronic Dev Team has released a video which shows an iPhone operated with the untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak. The video has been shown a few minutes ago. We can expect the untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak to be here very soon.
Today, pod2g announced that they are going to reveal something. According to the tweet, onaj, posixninja and pod2g has worked on the untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak tool.

The untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak solution by the Chronic Dev Team will be available for Mac OS initially. Windows users can enjoy it a little later. The tool will be available to:
Unlock all devices
Will not require iOS 4.2 beta 3 SHSH blobs saved
Previously we have seen, iPhone Dev Team released the Redsn0w 0.9.7 for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak. The tool was a result of a many bugs that users have reported. Although the iPhone Dev Team has introduced many betas of Redsn0w 0.9.7 but it was a backup plan and the better untethered iOS 4.2.1 solution by Comex is yet to be unveiled. People were actually fed up of waiting for some better solution by the iPhone Dev Team but the video below by the chronic Dev Team will make them a happy. Rite ?
No estimated time of arrival has been told yet. There is also no information about its compatibility with different devices. Let us see whether its the new version of Greenpois0n or its some new tool.

I can't wait for this, the only thing is I'm on windows and it's going to take alot longer! :( I miss my jailbreak! I also don't have my SHSH blobs backed up, so this JB will relevant to me!! :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5qNray7FHU&]YouTube - iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak by Chronic-Dev Team.[/ame]

Teaser demo of the untethered version working here...

un tethered was available for some time on mac only but it was a lot of hassle to do it but this way is much better and hopefully it will jb 4.3 also

One video I saw, the iPod music player did NOT work with this jailbreak. Hopefully that gets fixed before release.

I'm waiting for it 2 JB my friends i haha

But be patient has anybody seen the new
Swipe gestures and the multitasking can
Get rotated for a landscape look can't wait
to get my hands on that and jbreak it

Cheers

Last edited:
I HOPE IT'S SOON, I CAN WAIT TO GET MY HANDS OF THAT JAILBREAK TO GIVE MY iPHONE A NEW LOOK.

me either! i got my winterboard video wallpapers saved that i made of star wars, fight between yoda and count duku and the fight between anakin and his master in star wars 3...

ringtones with ssh ready to get uploaded

HOld On !!!!!
You can make your OWN wallpaper video..Is that hard to do ? Is there a YouTube video tutorial on wallpaper video using winterbroad.
Can you post the link to winterboard, I'm thinking I could do the same and have it ready..
Hey !!! Let me ask you this if you don't mine :)
Can you give me a GOOD VIDEO TUTORIAL on JB, it's so many out there I start bouncing around and get kinda confused. I want to be ready and have a plan together. I don't want to wait the day of.. And download PG's I should already have.. Like You with winterbroad...
Is the Dev Chornic team the ones coming out with this new JB.. I'M
Still learning Who's Who's..

of course its very easy... what i did is record a video of my choice in the right resolution, renamed the file to wallpaper and replace it with the .mp4 in any animated theme

So untethered is release on the weekend? for sure or a rumor?