What's new

Charing delay?? anyone

blackoropher026

Reaction score
So my mom just recently upgraded to the 6 plus and decided to give me her old iphone 5. It was still on ios 7 when i got it and decided to upgrade it to ios 8.3 when she handed it on me. Now what i notice is that when i plugged it on the socket for the first attempt, it will take 2-3 seconds before it lights up but when i unplug it and plug it again, its quick. I dont think this has ever happened before. This was actually my first encounter to this problem(except when i plug it into my itunes which i think is normal) this has not happened with my ipad mini 3 though. I dont know whats going on,p.. i also tried reset the phone and it doesnt have a charging delay.. just for a little while then when u re plug it after few hours, it has delay again.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, blackoropher026!

Did you take a look at your port? Maybe there's some dust preventing it from charging immediately. If so, try cleaning it: use canned air to remove the dirt.

Make sure the cable is working correctly. Take a look at the part that connects to the iPhone, clean it if necessary.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, blackoropher026!

Did you take a look at your port? Maybe there's some dust preventing it from charging immediately. If so, try cleaning it: use canned air to remove the dirt.

Make sure the cable is working correctly. Take a look at the part that connects to the iPhone, clean it if necessary.

Hope that helps.

the weird thing, though is that there's no delay when i plug it unlocked(the wallpaper is showing) but when its totally locked.. no backlight or what but not off.. just locked it has delay on the first try so idk. I'll try to clean it though