What's new

Charger plug in iphone 5 is loose

Brian

Reaction score
Not really sure how this happened. Is it common to iphone 5? I suspect it got damaged somehow. When plug is inserted it dosent make contact and begin charging. I noticed a little slop back and forth which would make it bleep in charging mode and as soon as I release it, it would either bleep off charge or start wigging out. Finally found a position that will allow it to charge. Is there any advice? A repair? Thanks

Not really sure how this happened. Is it common to iphone 5? I suspect it got damaged somehow. When plug is inserted it dosent make contact and begin charging. I noticed a little slop back and forth which would make it bleep in charging mode and as soon as I release it, it would either bleep off charge or start wigging out. Finally found a position that will allow it to charge. Is there any advice? A repair? Thanks
That's certainly not normal behaviour. There shouldn't be any extra slop and the iPhone should begin charging without fail every time it's plugged into the charger. You should have your phone checked out as it seems likely that a repair is warranted.