What's new

Charge cable iPhone

angeliq

Reaction score
This is very interesting... I bought a charge cable from a local shop here, made by Body Glove... it's not working with my 5s, as it says that normal thing that it's not certified etc etc. My daughter do have the iPhone 5... and it's working 100% with her phone ... NO messages etc etc. Is it something in the 5s that Apple put in? It's definitely not the cable and not the ios as we both are updated to the 7.0.4. version.

It is the cable. There's some circuitry built into the cable at the connector that only the latest models of iPhones check for.

It is the cable. There's some circuitry built into the cable at the connector that only the latest models of iPhones check for.
Ok thank you. Well, it's working with the 5. And Body Glove is a well known brand for screen protectors and other accessories here. I told the guys at the shop that they should tel people about it. But thank you.

Okay, I did a little checking and found that this chip in the cable goes back to the iPhone 5 in late 2012. Apparently the Chinese reverse engineered the cable and started producing knockoffs that will work with the newer phones. So if you have the right cable with a chip, either Apple or a knockoff, it should work. If it doesn't have the chip then apparently not.