What's new

Changing menu colour

Twilko

Reaction score
Hi, Im new to the Iphone 4 and this forum, I hope I've put this in the right thread...

Was just wondering if it was possible to change the colour of the menu screens. At the moment it is all blue/ grey which I can't stand (not girly enough for me!) Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks
Tracy

Not if your un-jailbroken.... It's stuck blue/grey. You can invert the colors using accessibility but that gets old really quick.

And how do i change the colors of the menu (the gray color of the menu backgrounds) with a jailbroken iphone?

And how do i change the colors of the menu (the gray color of the menu backgrounds) with a jailbroken iphone?

easiest way for a newbie is install winterboard in cydia, then look for themes, some themes change specific items like icons, sounds, dialer, sms bubbles and backgrounds etc, then some are complete themes change everything to be 1 uniform look and feel

there are thousands of themes in cydia and thousands more you can find on the web

easiest way for a newbie is install winterboard in cydia, then look for themes, some themes change specific items like icons, sounds, dialer, sms bubbles and backgrounds etc, then some are complete themes change everything to be 1 uniform look and feel

there are thousands of themes in cydia and thousands more you can find on the web

OKeeeey! so there is a way to change the menu background too! But how do i know if the theme is a complete theme? Thank you

OKeeeey! so there is a way to change the menu background too! But how do i know if the theme is a complete theme? Thank you

just by the description and screenshots
there is actually a complete theme section in cydia

Thank you very very much :)

no problem, you will notice not every theme is works on every iOS version so if the theme doesn have a good description you will be downloading themes and they wont look like they work, this is normal and part of the theme search process just delete those themes and move on to the next one

i personally dont download any that dont have a full description of what the theme changes

not sure if this option is available on anything before 4.2.1 but if you go into settings>general>accessibility and turn on the switch for white on black it will invert all the colors, only down side is that it inverts pics and stuff too

not sure if this option is available on anything before 4.2.1 but if you go into settings>general>accessibility and turn on the switch for white on black it will invert all the colors, only down side is that it inverts pics and stuff too

yes that option has been around for a while, i agree it looks cool in the menu but its makes everything else very horible for the eyes

no problem, you will notice not every theme is works on every iOS version so if the theme doesn have a good description you will be downloading themes and they wont look like they work, this is normal and part of the theme search process just delete those themes and move on to the next one

i personally dont download any that dont have a full description of what the theme changes

okey! And when i download things from cydia, do i have to turn wifi on?

okey! And when i download things from cydia, do i have to turn wifi on?

no you can download from cydia using 3G as well

all the themes that i download from cydia does not change all the icons... a few changes but the rest is still the same... why? It does not look good...

Last edited:
all the themes that i download from cydia does not change all the icons... a few changes but the rest is still the same... why? It does not look good...
look for complete themes and download ones that are bigger in file size some themes just do the main icons