What's new

Help Me Pick A Phone

Qualtza

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Should I go for the iPhone?
I've been using Android, Windows Mobile and my trustworthy Blackberry for a while :)
My experience with Android are not so good (SGS II), it lags a lot, battery drain, it even broke my sdcard.
IMO, out of the box Android sucks big time! I need to tweak a lot of things, which pain in the butt.

My brother currently using iPhone 4 and SGS IV.
I don't really like S4 screen colour, and it's soo big I can't operate it with one hand.

So, will iPhone 5 fulfil my needs?
I'm not a gamer guy, but occasionally play casual game for short while.
browse a lot
push email ( I actually love gmail push email on android)
battery juice
great OS ( I don't like crashing system, sudden reboot, etc)

Well. This is an iPhone forum, so it's a given that some of the members might be a little biased, and understandably so!

With saying that, I would suggest you try out every single OS in your carriers store for a while. You want a reliable OS, so I believe iOS would be perfect for this desire. iOS also has push email that works flawlessly for its users.

The games are plentiful in iOS. There's literally a game for everyone in the AppStore. ;)

With saying that, I believe the newest iteration of the Android OS (Jelly Bean) is a very stable and smooth OS. I believe it's on par with iOS.

So it all comes down to your decision (of course)!
I believe you would be very happy with either OS.

Though in my personal opinion, and from your listed preferences, I believe iOS is a perfect match for what your looking for!

Ask your carrier about how long you can keep the iPhone 5 before you can't return it any longer. This way, you get a good test drive before you commit to iOS.

One more thing! I would wait til June 14th has passed. Why? Apple may announce the iPhone 5S during its WWDC conference (which we'll be covering here on iPhoneForums)! If Apple doesn't, then cool, you can still get the iPhone 5 if you need a device real soon!

Thanks for reading my long winded post! :cool:

I came from a BB Curve to an iPhone. Pros are apps, a lot more than you can shake a stick at. Battery life on iPhone 5 has been great especially with all notifications and gps locations turned on. Also I have yet to experience a lock up or the dreaded "heat up" problem found on a lot of BB's. I would say the iPhone 5 OS is polished. Cons are typing on a virtual keyboard. It sucks big time. Lots of potential for mistakes. If Apple ever produced a phone with a mechanical keyboard similar to BB they would clean up the cell market. Apps on iPhone is riddle with lots of ads. Also the iPhone 5 is still too large for me, pocket feel is definitely noticeable and sometimes bothersome in comparison to the Curve 9650. Lastly the iPhone OS is locked pretty tight. Without jail breaking your phone I get the feeling of a limited OS that becomes boring after a while. Just my two cents.

A tough choice, since the iPhone and several Androids are all fine. I've got 2 iPhones and a Samsung Galaxy S4. The S4 is awesome and I wouldn't swap it for a free iP5. It's solid, bigger screen (you REALLY think it's TOO big!!??), many options, no iTunes to deal with, terrific camera, accessible innards, etc. Either way, you'll do fine. Good luck.

I was an Android developer (for 4 years) and recently switched to iOS. iOS is faster, smoother and more stable. I've purchased 5 iOS devices, even went as far as deleting my Google account, and couldn't be happier. iOS works for me out-of-the-box, I don't even need a jailbreak for the way I use my devices, iOS is now my home.

Hi guys!
I've been using Android, Windows Mobile and my trustworthy Blackberry for a while :)
My experience with Android are not so good (SGS II), it lags a lot, battery drain, it even broke my sdcard.
IMO, out of the box Android sucks big time! I need to tweak a lot of things, which pain in the butt.

I don't really like S4 screen colour, and it's soo big I can't operate it with one hand.

browse a lot
battery juice

So....did you decide?

I personally love my iPhone 5, by the way! ;)

Well. This is an iPhone forum, so it's a given that some of the members might be a little biased, and understandably so!

With saying that, I would suggest you try out every single OS in your carriers store for a while. You want a reliable OS, so I believe iOS would be perfect for this desire. iOS also has push email that works flawlessly for its users.

The games are plentiful in iOS. There's literally a game for everyone in the AppStore. ;)

With saying that, I believe the newest iteration of the Android OS (Jelly Bean) is a very stable and smooth OS. I believe it's on par with iOS.

So it all comes down to your decision (of course)!
I believe you would be very happy with either OS.

Though in my personal opinion, and from your listed preferences, I believe iOS is a perfect match for what your looking for!

Ask your carrier about how long you can keep the iPhone 5 before you can't return it any longer. This way, you get a good test drive before you commit to iOS.

One more thing! I would wait til June 14th has passed. Why? Apple may announce the iPhone 5S during its WWDC conference (which we'll be covering here on iPhoneForums)! If Apple doesn't, then cool, you can still get the iPhone 5 if you need a device real soon!

Thanks for reading my long winded post! :cool:
I prefer using iPhone in the first place, and I want to see iPhone experience in long run.
I'm not in a rush to replace my phone so it's okay for me to wait and see new iPhone! :)

I came from a BB Curve to an iPhone. Pros are apps, a lot more than you can shake a stick at. Battery life on iPhone 5 has been great especially with all notifications and gps locations turned on. Also I have yet to experience a lock up or the dreaded "heat up" problem found on a lot of BB's. I would say the iPhone 5 OS is polished. Cons are typing on a virtual keyboard. It sucks big time. Lots of potential for mistakes. If Apple ever produced a phone with a mechanical keyboard similar to BB they would clean up the cell market. Apps on iPhone is riddle with lots of ads. Also the iPhone 5 is still too large for me, pocket feel is definitely noticeable and sometimes bothersome in comparison to the Curve 9650. Lastly the iPhone OS is locked pretty tight. Without jail breaking your phone I get the feeling of a limited OS that becomes boring after a while. Just my two cents.

I still using my Curve 8900 LoL. I like the keyboard and it's compact small. still, IMO nothing beats BlackBerry's physical keyboard for now.. but I like iPhone for it's simpleness

A tough choice, since the iPhone and several Androids are all fine. I've got 2 iPhones and a Samsung Galaxy S4. The S4 is awesome and I wouldn't swap it for a free iP5. It's solid, bigger screen (you REALLY think it's TOO big!!??), many options, no iTunes to deal with, terrific camera, accessible innards, etc. Either way, you'll do fine. Good luck.

but IMO, S4 are 'bloated' with features that I don't even need. I can't operate 5" screen with one hand, so it's too big for me :p
It's pain for me to backup and sync data from Android to my mac, they just don't get along. :(

I was an Android developer (for 4 years) and recently switched to iOS. iOS is faster, smoother and more stable. I've purchased 5 iOS devices, even went as far as deleting my Google account, and couldn't be happier. iOS works for me out-of-the-box, I don't even need a jailbreak for the way I use my devices, iOS is now my home.
So....did you decide?

I personally love my iPhone 5, by the way! ;)
I think I've made my choice

If you love to browse, I would recomend not using Safari, instead using Google Chrome or Dolphin instead.

i think too that iphone 4 will be great for you.
but also 4s its a good phone :)

Hi guys!

browse a lot
battery juice
Just made the switch today myself. I went with the iPhone5 because of Internet Speed. No way I could ever go back to 3G. I use 25-30GB per month. I have had an iPhone 4 before, so at least I knew what I was getting into. I used to like the ability to change my Android phone into whatever I wanted, but I too became tired of the constant reboots, FDRs, and lag.

There are aftermarket Bluetooth enabled slider keyboards available for iPhones. I was going to put on a link, but I don't know if that's allowed. Here is a description though and if you want a link just google iPhone keyboard.

Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Slider Case For iPhone 5 *White*
SKU:28-024-115

Email to a Friend
Be the first to review this product
Availability: In stock

$34.99
Add to Wishlist | Add to Compare
Quick Overview
Wireless Bluetooth Keypad Keyboard Back Cover Case for iPhone 5,

Gives you more tactile feeling when typing a message on your iPhone 5.

Ultra thin, lightweight and compact design.

Brand new and high quality

Charged via USB port