What's new

Changing memory size. Is it possible?

IbelithLP

Reaction score
I got an iPhone 4 with a 16g of memory, but I'm falling short. Is it possible to change that 16g memory for a 32g memory?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my thread and I would highly appreciate your help.

Note: I would also appreciate any other information you guys can provide me related to this subject.

Unfortunately you can't.

The iPhone 4 has no "flash card" memory - the flash module is soldered to the logicboard.

Are you on Verizon? If you're within the 30 day period, you should be able to return it and pay the difference for the 32.

Are you on Verizon? If you're within the 30 day period, you should be able to return it and pay the difference for the 32.

just so you know... verizon no longer has the 30 day return policy... its now 14 days..

You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).

I don't have any media on my iPhone....Plex is great for streaming music, and Air Video does video amazingly....also Pandora is great if you don't want to think about what to listen to. Grab a MobileMe account for photo storage (you can also stream music off of it.) In this modern age internal memory is really only for apps (hopefully we will be able to stream them too soon!)

No can do but my next iPhone will definitely be 32 GB you can count on it haha. Underestimated how much mem I can use

You always think 16 will be more then enough and it ends up being never enough ... best bet is to contact AT&T and ask if they will swap it and they probably will for a small fee, maybe an extra $100

Hey,

You must have shed loads of data on your device !

I use a 16gb and am nowhere near filling it !

Perhaps you should try syncing only portions of your music file etc.

Delete all the dross you have collated !

In fact do tell what you do have stored on it, im curious !!!

Ive sync'd all the music I listen to which is around 200 songs and around 25 apps.
I dont bother with video, tv programmes and books and have around 30 photo's.
Ive still 12.3gb free !

Last edited:
i use a 32GB and its not enough !!! lol

it just takes time to fill it though, to get this far i have spent over a year filling it so it was not filled very quickly at all

it just takes time to fill it though, to get this far i have spent over a year filling it so it was not filled very quickly at all

You my friend must have a vast database of music , app's, films etc !
Imagine if you were able to sell such a database, if copyrights allowed it ?

No movies, No music.. just a tone of app store apps and pics and videos i have taken with my camera

No movies, No music.. just a tone of app store apps and pics and videos i have taken with my camera

Here's a question ;

Apart from the 'free' apps you've installed how much have you spent for the paid apps ?

Dare you calculate em up !