What's new

Changing E-mail address

Geowan

Reaction score
My wife and I have shared the same E-mail address on all of our iPhones and iPads for the past several years, however, we just purchased two new 6s phones and we would like to give my wife a new E-mail address of her own. So far I have had no luck purging our shared address from her phone and initiating a new personal E-mail address for her. We use Roadrunner. Where do I begin?

Hello,
I deleted your other post on the same issue as posting more than once is against forum rules and also fragments any replies making it hard to follow.
Thank you.

Hello,
I deleted your other post on the same issue as posting more than once is against forum rules and also fragments any replies making it hard to follow.
Thank you.
Hello,
Thank you.
Understood!

I assume you want to also change her Apple ID. You would still be able to share info as well as iTunes purchases. Try this:
Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
Thanks bear. I'm not too concerned about the Apple ID as long as it doesn't affect E-mail, Facebook, FaceTime, and the like. Right now, we simply want to eliminate having all devices sound off at the same time when somebody calls on facetime, message, or other shared apps. Don't ask how we got into this mess!

Well then, do what I posted before. Give her a separate Apple ID. Then she can have any email
She wants and don't toggle to share the notifications.

Well then, do what I posted before. Give her a separate Apple ID. Then she can have any email
She wants and don't toggle to share the notifications.
Thanks again! Could she still share previously purchased apps that are resident on my iPhone, and additional apps that I purchase using my Apple ID?

Everything has been accomplished. Thanks for the help.