What's new

Changing carriers

cz197

Reaction score
My friend gave me an iPhone 4s. It's on Verizon while my plan is Sprint. How do I get my iPhone to work on Sprint's network? The Verizon tech told me changing the SIM card won't help. But I've seen people do it before so... help me, please.

My friend gave me an iPhone 4s. It's on Verizon while my plan is Sprint. How do I get my iPhone to work on Sprint's network? The Verizon tech told me changing the SIM card won't help. But I've seen people do it before so... help me, please.
Your friend would have to go to Verizon and ask them to unlock the iPhone. Carriers will only consider unlocking a phone if the original owner makes the request. If they unlock it, you can use it with Sprint. If you can't get it unlocked, you can only use it with Verizon.

Ohh, ok. Thanks! I will try that and post on success or fail.

Another thought: what would be the eBay retail price on that phone? I've seen $200-250 because it is mint.

Another thought: what would be the eBay retail price on that phone? I've seen $200-250 because it is mint.
The best thing to do here is to look at completed eBay listings to see what the selling prices are.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. Thanks!