What's new

Changed password in Yahoo email on desktop , now not receiving email on iphone 3gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrabble

Reaction score
Hi, Please help.

I changed my Yahoo email password on my desktop computer yesterday, and now I cannot receive email on my iphone 3gs. Help needed, please.

scrabble said:
Hi, Please help.

I changed my Yahoo email password on my desktop computer yesterday, and now I cannot receive email on my iphone 3gs. Help needed, please.

That's because you changed the password, and the active password on your phone is incorrect. Therefore, it will not allow you to receive push.

Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars>

Tap on your Yahoo! Email, delete the password that is there, and enter the new one.

You would have to do this every time you change a password on any account...even iCloud.

Not worked for me. When I proceeded as indicated, on my iphone 3gs, I received a message saying I need to go to When I go to on my iphone 3gs and try the new password, it does not work. When I try the old password, it states to enter ##'s which appear. When I enter the ##'s it simply tells me to again log in. Not getting anywhere and frustrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
scrabble said:
Not worked for me. When I proceeded as indicated, on my iphone 3gs, I received a message saying I need to go to When I go to on my iphone 3gs and try the new password, it does not work. When I try the old password, it states to enter ##'s which appear. When I enter the ##'s it simply tells me to again log in. Not getting anywhere and frustrated.

Have you tries completely deleting the account and re-adding it?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I am somewhat tech challenged and I did not delete the email yahoo account, but I can give that a try.

Thanks for the help here. I called Apple and had a tech walk me thru deleting the Yahoo email account and then re-establishing it, changed the password. Now all works GREAT. Thanks again.

scrabble said:
Thanks for the help here. I called Apple and had a tech walk me thru deleting the Yahoo email account and then re-establishing it, changed the password. Now all works GREAT. Thanks again.

I could have told you to do that.....well I did.lol

Yes you did, and I thank you very much. I am not very good with technical matters and I can mess things up very easily (computer - iphone 3gs) and then be sorry afterwords as I may be unable to undo the damage I have done by pressing something incorrectly. I guess one can say I am "illiterate" when it comes to computer and technical issues. Again, I thank you very much. Have a great day.

scrabble said:
Yes you did, and I thank you very much. I am not very good with technical matters and I can mess things up very easily (computer - iphone 3gs) and then be sorry afterwords as I may be unable to undo the damage I have done by pressing something incorrectly. I guess one can say I am "illiterate" when it comes to computer and technical issues. Again, I thank you very much. Have a great day.

No problem mate. I suppose I could have told you how to delete and readd the account.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.