What's new

Case Mate launches a $300 titanium case for iPhone

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Case-Mate iPhone-4-Titanium-Premium Metal-Case.jpg

Case Mate is one of the world’s biggest accessory manufacturers and it has recently launched a new teaser page for its latest product, namely a titanium case for the iPhone 4. The case has a $300 price-tag. Actually the case is some sort of a bumper which is fitted on the iPhone with the help of some screws and covers the smartphone’s antennas so as to avoid signal loss when users put their hands over the antennas.

The case weighs only 22 grams, but its price tag is huge compared to its accessory class. If you are interested in buying the product, you can purchase it from Case Mate’s official website. However, the case is temporarily out of stock and potential buyers will have to wait till June 27th to get their hands on the product.

Minor assembly operations are required to fix the case and the control buttons for volume, on/off and mute options. The toolkit comprises a mini-screw driver, screws and the respective buttons.
”Its sophistication influences, its design inspires. The Titanium iPhone 4 case combines detailed precision work with premium materials by physically reframing the iPhone with a genuine titanium edge.

Machined from a single piece of titanium, the premium case provides immense strength and a sleek, handcrafted look. Titanium, most often used in aircraft engines and luxury automobiles, adds high-power durability. A laser etched logo detailing completes the modern style.”
The case will definitely make your iPhone stand out in the crowd, but you may well consider buying Apple’s own bumpers which come a lot cheaper, just $29 per piece, although they are not made of titanium.

By Radu Tyrsina
Source: case-mate.com

Ouch! And I thought my Element Vapor Pro Black Ops was expensive. I will agree that titanium is very nice, light and strong. I think my Black Ops also weighs in a 22 grams.

bc

Thats high robbery forreal, i didnt even pay that much for my phone let alone a case ha! Thats funni

costs the same amount as the iphone 32GB locked to ATT and i bet well worth the cash

It looks like it just covers the outer rim only...I'm not cheap, but DANG that's expensive or just a bumper cover.