What's new

Car mount with charger for iPhone 5

Go to proclipsusa they have car holder and charger. No drilling. I have one in my truck for iPhone 4S but it still works with adapter. They make one for the 5 now.

Unfortunately not

I found a dock on Amazon, that looks like it will do the trick. I will use a glue gun to hot glue it to my dash. Hope it works! You can find it on amazon its called...
"Belkin Charge and Sync Dock with Audio Port for iPhone 5"
$dock 5.jpg

When I had iphone 4s I found the perfect mount(dock)/charger. I hot glued it to dash and then connected to my cars USB. It worked perfect! I just wish they have iphone 5 version.
"Belkin Desktop Docking Station for Apple iPod"
$dock 4.jpg

That's pretty cool David. I went ahead and bought the other mount by iOttie. So far so good, but it is a little inconvenient to hook it up.

You should look into using those gel sticky pads instead of glue.

That's pretty cool David. I went ahead and bought the other mount by iOttie. So far so good, but it is a little inconvenient to hook it up.

You should look into using those gel sticky pads instead of glue.

I'll look into that thanks! I just found that hot glue works great even when its 120 degrees in the car, and the glue "should" chip away easy if i wanted.

iOttie sells a mount where you can just dock your phone and it chargers without you having to plug in your charging cable manually?? You have the product link?

Folks,

It looks that it could be used only in portrait mode
I prefer to keep my phone in landscape position

Just purchased the mountek nGroove,fits into your cd slot as most people don't use CDs anymore iphone or iPod is today's choice of music player.This mount works in normal orientation or landscape,but you have to use your own charging lead
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361792092.290480.jpg
I will post some pictures of the mount fixed in the car once it arrives

All the best
Daz
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look very nice but How about access to auxiliary port?

So you can use this and have the audio port in....you said the bottom moves to allow this? Just would like to know before I purchase one. Still looking for the perfect one :)

So you can use this and have the audio port in....you said the bottom moves to allow this? Just would like to know before I purchase one. Still looking for the perfect one :)

Yes. I believe you'll see pics on amazon that demonstrate it. It's not perfect, but it works.

Well it's been a while when I started this thread. Eventually I finished by buying $3 cheep mount which served for while. Now it doesn't hold on the dashboard and. Ian thinking to buy a new one.
Have you realized any car mount for iPhone 5 with the charging option and access to aux at the same time?
Another alternative for me ( I still have a problem to hold mount on a dashboard ) is to buy kind of pad or etc which would simply reside on the dashboard and no need of suction cap. Are you aware of any decent one?
Thanks

Well it's been a while when I started this thread. Eventually I finished by buying $3 cheep mount which served for while. Now it doesn't hold on the dashboard and. Ian thinking to buy a new one.
Have you realized any car mount for iPhone 5 with the charging option and access to aux at the same time?
Another alternative for me ( I still have a problem to hold mount on a dashboard ) is to buy kind of pad or etc which would simply reside on the dashboard and no need of suction cap. Are you aware of any decent one?
Thanks

I found your thread searching for the same thing. As I continued my search, I eventually found this:

$514422.jpg

You'll also need a mounting method which ProClip sells separately. I had a ProClip mount for my TomTom iPhone 3GS cradle and was quite happy with it. I just ordered this and the mount. Total with shipping was just under $90. IMO, well worth it to not have to manually plug in the damn lightning connector every time.

I just checked at the ProClip site and saw that they also include mounts for iPhones with some of the more popular cases, including the Otterbox Armour case! Still need to connect the cable, though.