What's new

Car mount and GPS questions

Matth3w

Reaction score
Is there one like the one for the Motorola Droid X? Currently I am thinking of switching to the iPhone when it hits Verizon. I'm wondering if I'm so used to the ease of my Droid X where the power plug is integrated into the device where you just slide the device and it sort of hooks into the power plug....

Something apple specific like this:

2.jpg

Obviously the mount would have to be different since the power plug is at the bottom on the iPhone but you get what I'm saying...

I found this: http://www.arkon.com/accessories/iphone_gps_car_kit.html

Car-Kit-with-Charger-Landscape-SMALL.png

But don't really want to spend $100 on top of the money you have to spend for a GPS app for the iPhone.

Also how good is the turn by turn GPS on this phone? What app do you recommend?

Last edited:
I have the Arkon dashboard/window mount. The dashboard stays perfectly in place (no sliding around) and you can connect in the way you're wanting. Just slide the plastic holders to the outer edge of the mount & your plug will fit into the port

P.S. - This mount is universal, and not just for the iPhone, so you don't have to buy a new dock if you ever were to switch phones (Or if a friend/loved one happened to be using your car)

I can't link it cause this is my 1st post, but you can find it easily on Amazon.

Thanks. Any suggestions for a rapid car charger?

for the car mount, I am a big fan of this one (it's universal). First of all, it doesn't bother you on the window, and it's not pop-out in the very uncomfortable moment, and even the steapest turns won't make it move anywhere. Universal Car Mount w/ Heavy Base (Black) | OrionGadgets.com however, those you show also can be found in the same store, but after I tried the heavy base one, I am not comming back to the winshield car mount.

The only thing I wish is to have on heavy based car mount that has inserts for all my stuff - my phone, my gps, and my mp3. :) If you find one, let me know, I wonder why nobody released that one yet.