What's new

Capcom Arcade Launches on App Store

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
capcom-arcade-1.png

Capcom has come up with a fantastic app for retro gaming fans everywhere with its Capcom Arcade, which opens its doors today on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The app enables you to play near-perfect, authentic ports of some of your favourite Capcom arcade games on your iOS device, kicking off with Street Fighter II, the original Ghouls ‘N Ghosts, 1942 and Commando. There are two modes of play: iPhone mode for more casual gamers, and Classic mode for purists.

The app is free to download, and you get three Free Play tickets per day, which enable you to play any game you want. If you want to play any more than that, you’ll have to buy extra Tickets via the Capcom Arcade, or you can buy your favourite game’s “Cabinet” outright and enjoy unlimited play.

The arcade also has a Facebook fan page that can be accessed in-ap, where you can add your comments.

Capcom says that new games will be added every month to the Arcade, and special premium DLC cheats will also be available, which unlock special abilities, upgrades and weapons.

If you love classic Capcom games, then don’t hesitate to pick this one up immediately, it put a big smile on my face this morning just looking at the bright retro graphics of the Arcade and crazy music!

Download the app here for free.

Source: Capcom

The only problem being you can't continuously play the games you have to buy tokens to continue playing them

:-/ I only got three tokens and after I've played the one game twice and another game its tellin me to buy 10 more tokens for .99 cents

Actually now that I think about it I played 3 dif games but after you exit the game to replay it costs a token