What's new

Can't Unload Baseband 0.5.16.05 with ultrasn0w

dragon499

Reaction score
Subj should read, can't unlock

With My 3gs, it was trivial to jailbreak with redsn0w. I then installed ultrasn0w, restarted the springboard, shut the phone off and putt my t-mobile sim in. The display either reads searching or no service. Changing carriers from automatic on to off does not work, I get the message unable to load carrier list.

Phone is on ios 5.01.

HELP!

if you are on a stock 5.0.1 ipsw then ultrasn0w does not work with that baseband

Ok,

I have 2 options. The first is preferable. Any other free unlockersI can use with my ios? If not, how do I install a custom ipsw?

Your only option to unlock is to update to the iPad baseband. The baseband you are on now is not unlockable as Unleashed said.

youtube is a good place to look. It will show you exactly how to use redsnow to JB your phone and then upgrade to the iPad baseband.

I am at work and can't look until later. I have already jailbroken with redsn0w. Can I upgrade the iphone baseband without having to redo the jailbreak?

I am not sure on this. I don't think so, but I do know you have to use redsnow in order to do it. Check out youtube as stated above. It has tuturials on how to JB any iDevice and how to change basebands and unlock your 3Gs.

I looked at the vids and download the last few versions of redsn0w. I also ran a the idetector tool which told me I had the newer bootrom. I am unable to get the menu option to upgrade the baseband.

You need to use an older version of Redsn0w, 0.9.6r6 I believe and a 4.2.1 IPSW file. You can upgrade any iPhone3G or 3Gs to the iPad baseband regardless of what bootloader you have.

Ok,

If I use a 4.2.1 IPSW file, will I be downgrading the phone ios to 4.2.1?

I am getting closer. I wasn't following directions earlier, as after I go to extras and select the ipsw, I then go back and jailbreak, I have the options that I want. I have done this with both 4.21 and 5.01 ipsw's, both coming up with the same questions causing me to cancel. I choose upgrade baseband, but the 2nd question warns me that if the 3rd, 4th and 5th serial numbers are higher than 135, I should not do this. The 3rd, 4th and 5th numbers of my serial number are 950, so I canceled. I did this with several versions of Redsn0w, not being able to get a valid download link for 0.9.6r6.

What now?

At least I followed the instructions and didn't brick it. The page had an interesting link where you put a serial number in and it returns information. For the phone, it reported:

Factory: 5K (China (Refurbished))

I wonder if this is accurate.