What's new

Can't sync phone?

Gresh14

Reaction score
Everytime I plug my iphone into sync it automatically goes to the scree "welcome to your new phone" set up as new or restore. I've already set up my phone and synced it before what is going on? I tried restarting my pc even went ahead and restored from my last back up, but still can't get passed the screen "welcome...." No idea what's going on. I'm using my official apple usb. Perplexed??

Can you see your iPhone in the sidebar in iTunes? If you can try clicking on it.

Yes I can see it there, however when I click on it it goes right back to the same screen " welcome.... Can't see the usually stuff like what version I'm running, backup nothing

Ah right, I was hoping that you would be able to see your music ect, I haven't come across this before, One good thing though, With your new phone comes 90 days of free Apple phone support so if you can't fix it here you can ring Apple for help.

Have you tried a Hard reset? That can sometimes help.

Ya was really hoping not to have to call them just yet anyway. Might try uninstalling itunes and reinstalling, not sure if that would do anything

Give it a hard reset first, might not help but it's the first thing I try when I have a glitch.

You know I always do a hard reset when my phone acts up but didn't do it this time thinking it was an itunes problem. Thanks I'll give that a try

No luck. I did install I-funbox on my pc today to transfer music from my old phone to itunes, could that have messed something up?

No luck. I did install I-funbox on my pc today to transfer music from my old phone to itunes, could that have messed something up?
I don't know, I've been googling the problem but as yet I haven't seen anything similar.

I think my pc is having issues. Reinstalling itunes now

Well that did nothing. I'll have to try other pc later.

Well done, I'm glad you found a solution:)

Hi when trying to click on the link that Gresh14 posted. I would like to read how this person fix the problem. I get 500 internal Service error. Thank you