What's new

Cant send ios 5 messages

steven5224

Reaction score
I jail broke my iPhone 4 newest firmware and I can't send messages to people who have ios5 devices but it sends fine to any other phone. Why is this happening?

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean iMessage, or MMS or what?

For me.. Im using 5.0.1 jailbroken and other iphone owners using 5.1 can not receive my mms's. However it sends without a problem to 5.0.1 and lower iOS's and other phones.

Payback said:
For me.. Im using 5.0.1 jailbroken and other iphone owners using 5.1 can not receive my mms's. However it sends without a problem to 5.0.1 and lower iOS's and other phones.

Hmmm. That is strange. Perhaps a bug intended for jailbreakers. Ima look into this. Sorry I'm not of much help ate the moment.

Have you tried having a 5.1 iPhone send you MMS? Ya know, to see of it works i guess.

No doubt, I can receive mms from iOS 5.1 users. They cant receive my mms but it shows as delivered.

I have 5.0.1 and my mom has 5.1 and I send SMS and iMessage to her with no issues.

It could be one of my tweaks causing it. I have been removing them one at a time and testing.

Let us know if you figure it out, this is a very strange occurrence, even more-so because it is happening to multiple people.