What's new

Can't Download Photos from my iPhone to my Apple Computer

I am not trying to dis your friend, but if she doesnt know where or what the launch pad is then she might really want to consider spending the $100 for "One on One" with Apple to learn her computer! The launch pad is the equivalent of the "start" location on windows for the location of all the programs.

"One on One" will also help her get through photo issues, iTunes, etc. it is good for a year and well worth it.

I am not trying to dis your friend, but if she doesnt know where or what the launch pad is then she might really want to consider spending the $100 for "One on One" with Apple to learn her computer! The launch pad is the equivalent of the "start" location on windows for the location of all the programs.

"One on One" will also help her get through photo issues, iTunes, etc. it is good for a year and well worth it.

Absolutely agree with you on this. Having been and still am a windows user-I purchased the one to one through Apple. It has a great deal of basic and advanced information there.

In addition, we don't don't have basic info about her computer--what OS she is running and whether she is keeping up to date with all of her apps, etc.

Aside from this--we really should direct you and your friend to our sister site: www. Apple forums.net .

There they can help you considerably, since well..it is about Macs.

Thanks to all three of you for your helpful suggestions. I also agree with your thinking that she needs some very basic help. I find it frustrating trying to help her. Since she lives in a retirement home I think finances are an issue, but I will certainly push the idea o getting some one-on-one help.

I fully agree with the above advice. Sometimes it's easy to forget just how mind-blowing it can be for someone with little or no computer experience. Even switching from Windows to Mac is simply a case of learning new ways of doing old tasks for the most part. Being able to get answers is one thing. Knowing what the question is in order to be able to get that answer is something else entirely.

Hi, My friend has an iMac 11.2 with OSX and Snow Leopard. I Googled "Launchpad, Mac, OSX, Snow Leopard" and got several entries that told "How to get Launchpad for Mac Snow Leopard." Is it possible that Launchpad is not always pre-installed?

This endeavor is really futile if she can't figure out the launchpad

Two questions: Are u physically looking at her computer or doing this over the phone? If over the phone... Give it up!

Does she even know what the "dock" is?

Again, the launchpad is the location for the applications or programs. It is part if the operating system. It is not a program that is installed. The icon to open it is second from the left on the dock.

You are trying to do a noble thing but it is obvious that a Mac is beyond her capabilities! Good luck!

I just got home from work and noticed two things. If you hover the mouse pointer over the icon it names the icon.

If she "quit" launchpad by mistake, she should go to Finder (first icon on the dock) then go to Applications and it is in there. If she wants it back on the dock, she can drag it there. She can get to all applications in Finder as noted before, even iPhoto, which is where all this started to begin with!

Sorry to have sounded harsh earlier....

Hi xray eyes,

Thank you for those additional thoughts. I w1ill pass them on. No, I have never seen her computer and never will. I have slowly come to agree with your thought that it is time to give up on this project. My lack of knowlege and experience with Apple couple with hers makes this an almost impossible task, So I will pass on your final thoughts, remind her again of the possibilty of one-on-one Apple tutoring and then bow out if the picture, Thanks to you and all the other forum members who tried to help. I appreciate your willingness to help.