What's new

Cant delete contact completely?

sarahlily8910

Reaction score
I deleted someone out of my contacts but when i go to new message and type in the first letter of their name, their number still appears with their name in the drop down menu. Also, when i swipe left from home screen and go to the search bar at the top, a lot of their old messages appear. How do i just get rid completely??! Don't want any trace of them on my phone at all, its bugging me! thanks

It should be deleted from icloud if its deleted from your phone right? to check if you have it on: settings > icloud

I did this but they're not appearing in my contacts, they've been deleted from there but they still show up in drop down box when sending a new message. Turned off icloud but nope they're still there! no idea what to do.

When you see the contact name in the "To" box dropdown ", does it have a blue arrow next to it? If yes, then pressing the blue arrow will bring you to a screen where you can decide to either (1) create a new contact, (2) add to existing contact, or (3) remove from recents. You'd do the third one for a person who you've deleted....

Hope this helps.

Marilyn