What's new

Can't connect to iTunes

ratnagopal

Reaction score
Iphone can not be connected to Macbook. The software of Macbook is Mac Sierra 10.13.5
iOS is 12 beta.

Make sure iTunes is up to date. The latest version is 12.8. The latest macOS is 10.13.6. In case updating iTunes doesn‘t help, update your macOS version.

Use a different cable, a different USB port, if necessary. Unplug all the USB accessories except for the iPhone. Check the lightning port on your iPhone for dust or debris.

Also make sure the iPhone trusts the computer. Your iDevice should be unlocked and on the Home screen.

Restart iPhone and Mac, then try connecting your iPhone again.

Thanks for response.
Let me clarify. iTunes Version is 12.8 and Macbook is with 10.13.6.

Post updating to these versions today I am facing the problem.

Photos app recognizea the iPhone. But itunea does not recognize.

Did a few trouble shooting with apple support on call. Also reloaded software 10.13.6 on macbook.
But the problem persisted.
Pop up says that downloading software for connecting iphone to iTunes. Software gets download but it does not get installed since the "software is not available in the server"

My home computer does that (a PC laptop). Sometimes it'll take multiple attempts (I'm talking 10 or more), sometimes it'll work the first time.

Unplugging USB from computer and turning on phone (unlocking), connecting cable to phone, then plugging unlocked phone and cable into USB on laptop usually gives me the best chance of it working. My home laptop has 3 USB's, and neither work any better than the other, plus, like you said, photo import pops up, so computer recognizes something is plugged in.

Anyways, I have no idea why this problem persists. I've had this issue for a couple years now lol. It's at the point now where I don't even try. I think the last time I plugged my phone into my computer was 6 months ago, and even then it didn't connect to iTunes. I just pulled all my photos off to save them.

Even earlier I had problems in synchronizing photos frok Macbook to iPhone through iTunes.
Somehow Apple seems to have not addressed this hit seriously.

My home computer does that (a PC laptop). Sometimes it'll take multiple attempts (I'm talking 10 or more), sometimes it'll work the first time.

Unplugging USB from computer and turning on phone (unlocking), connecting cable to phone, then plugging unlocked phone and cable into USB on laptop usually gives me the best chance of it working. My home laptop has 3 USB's, and neither work any better than the other, plus, like you said, photo import pops up, so computer recognizes something is plugged in.

Anyways, I have no idea why this problem persists. I've had this issue for a couple years now lol. It's at the point now where I don't even try. I think the last time I plugged my phone into my computer was 6 months ago, and even then it didn't connect to iTunes. I just pulled all my photos off to save them.
Have you considered deleting iTunes from your computer and reinstalling it. A couple of years ago iTunes on one of my PCs wasn’t working properly so I did that and it then worked perfectly.

I updated both my Apple MacBook & MacAir with OS 10.13.6. Can't connect iPhones to both laptops. It is asking to install software which is not possible.
If any of you updated macOS 10.13.6 pls revert with your experience

Have you considered deleting iTunes from your computer and reinstalling it. A couple of years ago iTunes on one of my PCs wasn’t working properly so I did that and it then worked perfectly.

Yup, doesn't help. I gave up. Works perfectly on my work computer though (also PC laptop).

I updated both my Apple MacBook & MacAir with OS 10.13.6. Can't connect iPhones to both laptops. It is asking to install software which is not possible.
If any of you updated macOS 10.13.6 pls revert with your experience
Do you have any devices on iOS 11 that you can try connecting to iTunes on your Mac? If it works, it will eliminate the Mac as the problem. The problem could be an issue with the iOS 12 beta on your iPhone.

Do you have any devices on iOS 11 that you can try connecting to iTunes on your Mac? If it works, it will eliminate the Mac as the problem. The problem could be an issue with the iOS 12 beta on your iPhone.

I know you're asking OP, but I'll add (in case OP doesn't have other iDevices), for me, iTunes doesn't recognize any of my iDevices, iPod, iPad, etc. Only on my home PC laptop. I think it's something limited to that computer. USB's work fine, computer sees them, but iTunes does not.

Are you getting the allow this computer... message when you connect?

Is your phone unlocked when you connect?