What's new

Cant boot tethered! Urgent help needed!

Darkadam

Reaction score
Ok, So cant boot tethered (redsn0w 0.9.15b3) (iOS 6.0.1). Redsn0w just says exploit failed after part 1. When I click back it says the iPhone is in Soft DFU mode. It just I cant even use the Iphone untethered as it has some tweaks that make it restart constantly.
Any Ideas? Im selecting the iOS 6.0 firmware in Redsn0w. Before I jailbroke, It took me about 30 attempts? It always said Exploit Failed.

PLEASE Help. I need a phone!

Had nearly the same problem yesterday, hold the power button to turn the phone back on you must hold it until the screen turns on, open Redsn0w (run as admin if you've got windows 7) Extras > IPSW and then browse for it, then press "boot tethered" and then put it in dfu mode. Don't open any others tasks or tabs while redsn0w is doing this and after all that is should be done.

Many thanks,
Software

Had nearly the same problem yesterday, hold the power button to turn the phone back on you must hold it until the screen turns on, open Redsn0w (run as admin if you've got windows 7) Extras > IPSW and then browse for it, then press "boot tethered" and then put it in dfu mode. Don't open any others tasks or tabs while redsn0w is doing this and after all that is should be done.

Many thanks,
Software
Thanks for the reply.
Ive already tried that, No Success.
Just an Idea, But Ill try changing the USB cable.

I presume we're still talking about the 3GS that's present in your signature correct? Put the device into DFU mode once you see the recovery screen on your device. The usual, hold the sleep and home button until the screen turns black, and once it does, immediately release the sleep/power button and keep holding the home button until you hear the sound where a peripheral has been plugged in. Then run RedSn0w as an administrator. Once the main screen pops up, wait for your computer to recognize the iPhone in "recovery mode". Close out iTunes if you didn't untick the option to have it open up when a device is plugged in. Once both are done, on the bottom of the main screen of RedSn0w, you should see profile of your device. It should say something along the lines of "iPhone 3GS <carrier> (DFU mode)" Once it says DFU mode there, then we're sure that our device is in DFU mode. Then proceed to boot it tethered. And make sure that it's the 6.0 IPSW since we're on 6.0.1

Put the device into DFU mode once you see the recovery screen on your device. The usual, hold the sleep and home button until the screen turns black, and once it does, immediately release the sleep/power button and keep holding the home button until you hear the sound where a peripheral has been plugged in.
The phone never enters recovery. When I start it up normally it just keeps rebooting, When I try going into DFU, iTunes saays it has detected an iPhone in revocery mode. So once that happens, I try booting tethered, Redsn0w says exploit failed.

iTunes reads DFU mode and recovery mode as "Recovery Mode". To double check whether or not you're doing it right, download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3, connect your device, and attempt to put it into DFU mode. Once you think you've gotten it into DFU mode, look at the bottom of the main screen that comes up after opening RedSn0w. The bottom of that main screen should say "iPhone 3GS <carrier> (DFU mode)". Make sure it says that line, more specifically, make sure it has the "iPhone3GS" or "iPhone"3,1" and that it has the "(DFU mode)" at the end of it.

I presume we're still talking about the 3GS that's present in your signature correct? Put the device into DFU mode once you see the recovery screen on your device. The usual, hold the sleep and home button until the screen turns black, and once it does, immediately release the sleep/power button and keep holding the home button until you hear the sound where a peripheral has been plugged in. Then run RedSn0w as an administrator. Once the main screen pops up, wait for your computer to recognize the iPhone in "recovery mode". Close out iTunes if you didn't untick the option to have it open up when a device is plugged in. Once both are done, on the bottom of the main screen of RedSn0w, you should see profile of your device. It should say something along the lines of "iPhone 3GS <carrier> (DFU mode)" Once it says DFU mode there, then we're sure that our device is in DFU mode. Then proceed to boot it tethered. And make sure that it's the 6.0 IPSW since we're on 6.0.1

FINALLY! Its Worked!
I used this to enter DFU (Thanks to chcn Apple Forums)
1) Start iTunes and connect the phone via USB.
2) Hold down Home button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously.
[FONT=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]3) Keep holding both buttons exactly 10 seconds, then release the Sleep/Wake button while continuing to hold the Home button until the dialog box appears saying "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode."[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated.[/FONT]