What's new

cannot update apps or download new apps

Cjecae

Reaction score
When I try to update or download new apps - it starts, but then says waiting, as if others are updating and it is waiting it's turn - however, they never update. I can do it through itunes on the computer, but I wonder why I can no longer do this just from my phone - any help is appreciated!

cjecae

Are you trying to download the apps using your wifi connection on your phone or using your sim card Internet connection? It's all boiling down to your iPhone Internet connectivity and downloading speed.

I've tried both with my WiFi connection and my phone - it always worked before but now is just sitting there waiting - unless I go to the itunes and download it though there - it is very frustrating.

Cjecae said:
I've tried both with my WiFi connection and my phone - it always worked before but now is just sitting there waiting - unless I go to the itunes and download it though there - it is very frustrating.

Sometimes my apps will sit there saying "waiting" until I pause and resume it a couple times...then it starts downloading.

Might be apple, mine did that yesterday too

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I was wondering if anyone continued to have this issue. I have an iPhone 4s that is jailbroke. I get notification that an app needs to update so I go ahead and click to update. Apple does not ask for my password and under the app I get the "waiting". The only way I can get it to finally update (or download) is to restart the phone completely. I've tried to stop all apps but still no go. Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix?

Try going to Settings>Store>Apple ID

When you click on "Apple ID" click on the Sign out option...Reboot...then try signing back in...

It's not just you. I'm having issues as well. There was another thread that indicated issues on apples end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk