What's new

Cannot restore! Please help

gixxersixxer

Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently jailbroken on 5.0.1 on my 4s. I've been getting really horrible battery consumption on my phone so I tried to restore my phone last night. Before doing any research, I tried erase all settings and content... I'm sure you all know how that went, and off course I didn't know that until my 4s was stuck in boot mode. So after holding the power and home, turned it off and placed in dfu mode. ITunes will not restore for me and I keep getting an error message. I really want to set up my phone as a new phone on ios 5.1. I know I will lose my jb... Can members please help me! Thanks!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341508083.244564.jpg

I am running into a similar issue as well. After I tried to update my 4S that was jailbreaked on 5.01 trying to update to 5.1.1. But I get an error (1) any ideas please add to this thread.

I did that, I get the same message. It doesn't matter if I chooses I restore or update...

That means your user account does not have enough privileges to perform a restore, you must use an administrator account.

If you are referring to the profile on the pc I am using, its the same profile I have always used... Any ideas? I really need to restore.... :(