What's new

Can you hear me now?

johnnykool

Reaction score
I am the proud, new owner of a white, Verizon iPhone 4. Love everything about this phone, but I'm having one major problem. I can not hear a caller and I can not hear when I call someone. I have the volume settings to the max but it is impossible to hear them unless they're on speaker phone. Any way to make this louder??

When you are in call, I mean during the call, try to rise up the volume by pushing the side volume key. Try it and see if it works.

I am having the same problem with white iPhone phone! I have it about 5 months and phone call volume worked fine then all of a sudden today I can't hear anything!? Please help !

mercedez said:
I am having the same problem with white iPhone phone! I have it about 5 months and phone call volume worked fine then all of a sudden today I can't hear anything!? Please help !

Try hard resetting.(hold sleep/wake and home buttons until you see apple logo and release) if that doesn't work you might have to restore

iCrank said:
Try hard resetting.(hold sleep/wake and home buttons until you see apple logo and release) if that doesn't work you might have to restore

Thanks :) I tried a bunch of different ways! Resetting didn't work :/ and i tried movin volume up and down while on phone sill nothing! My Speaker works & and blue tooth ..but how do I restore? & doesnt that delete everything? Thanks for the help!!

mercedez said:
Thanks :) I tried a bunch of different ways! Resetting didn't work :/ and i tried movin volume up and down while on phone sill nothing! My Speaker works & and blue tooth ..but how do I restore? & doesnt that delete everything? Thanks for the help!!

Sorry about the delay..yes restoring the phone does delete everything.

iCrank said:

Connect your phone to your computer and open iTunes, your phone will be listed in the left panel in iTunes, right click on your phone icon and select back up. Let the back up finish, what that's done, you can restore the iOS to factory, and after that restore your backup files to your phone. If you do not back up your phone before restore the iOS, you will lose your contacts, your settings, your SMS and your photos and videos.