What's new

Slight water damage to my iphone

jkeku

Reaction score
Greetings!

I have had my iphone for about a yr [thats besides the point] and like an idiot I had my phone right beside of the sink... It fell in the sink as i was turning the water off so it slightly hit the speaker and mic on the bottom.. The phone works fine(everything) when i played music it was muffled a little but I sucked the water out of the speaker and tap the bottom against a towel and the speaker was back to normal.. However now when i am on s call no one can hear me unless im on speakerohone but i hear them just fine.. Any thought and suggestions??

Greetings!

I have had my iphone for about a yr [thats besides the point] and like an idiot I had my phone right beside of the sink... It fell in the sink as i was turning the water off so it slightly hit the speaker and mic on the bottom.. The phone works fine(everything) when i played music it was muffled a little but I sucked the water out of the speaker and tap the bottom against a towel and the speaker was back to normal.. However now when i am on s call no one can hear me unless im on speakerohone but i hear them just fine.. Any thought and suggestions??

At the bottom of your phone you have to slots either side of your phone one is a speaker one is a mic you might have damaged your mic

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

Try to create a Voice Memo, which is an iPhone standard app. If that doesn't work, then your mic is nuked, assuming you've given it time to dry well inside..... Sometimes, it takes a LONG time to dry a droplet inside of a device like the iPhone. Perhaps a couple of shots of compressed air into the mic area..... at an angle, may speed the process.