What's new

Can you bypass an activation screen without a SIM card?

And something else: when on the activation screen I select a country different from the SIM card carrier's one, will it still work? For example, I insert a SIM card from Colombia, and I set United States as the country from the activation screen, will it work?

Sorry for asking too much; I'm new to this.
Try it and find out. There shouldn't be any problems as you're not trying to activate the cellular calling features.

Try it and find out. There shouldn't be any problems as you're not trying to activate the cellular calling features.

Thanks. I bought a SIM card and to my surprise, you could use it as both a Mini and a Micro SIM card. It's all working now. But, when I go to the App Store, a message pops up saying it is impossible to connect to the App Store. Any help?

Thanks. I bought a SIM card and to my surprise, you could use it as both a Mini and a Micro SIM card. It's all working now. But, when I go to the App Store, a message pops up saying it is impossible to connect to the App Store. Any help?
Have you gone to Settings>iTunes & App Store and made sure you're signed in with your Apple ID? If that doesn't work, try rebooting your phone by pressing and holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Release both buttons and wait for the iPhone to restart. After the reboot, see if you can access the App Store after making sure you're signed in as mentioned earlier in my post.

Have you gone to Settings>iTunes & App Store and made sure you're signed in with your Apple ID? If that doesn't work, try rebooting your phone by pressing and holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Release both buttons and wait for the iPhone to restart. After the reboot, see if you can access the App Store after making sure you're signed in as mentioned earlier in my post.

Did that. I'm signed in and have rebooted like three times and it still show me the message. I even updated to 8.1.1

Maybe the problem is with your internet connection. Can you access the Internet without problems? If not, try resetting your router to see if that helps.

Maybe the problem is with your internet connection. Can you access the Internet without problems? If not, try resetting your router to see if that helps.

I signed out and then signed in and that was it. All working now. Thanks for everything, I really appreciate it.

Hello,

I have an iPhone 4S and currently has no SIM card. I don't really need a SIM card, as I just need the phone to take pictures and hear some music.

I have seen some videos on Youtube that say you can bypass the activation screen doing some sort of dialing, but it didn't work at all.

1. Is it possible to somehow bypass that activation screen without a SIM card?

2. After the activation screen, when you're on the menu and you have your apps, will I need to have a SIM card in?

Thank you.

(I'm not sure if I should be posting this here. If it shouldn't, please move it).
you cant access its activation without a sim. :)