What's new

can i install other laguages on the iphone 4?

qeez

Reaction score
well can i cuz i'm ordering mine from the UK and i need other language beside English and i'm living in other country which the iphone 4 has not been officially released yet due to some issues with the carrier so it's gonna be few months before it's officially released

can i contact Apple about this matter and get them to install it upon ordering or something?

Ye you can change the language easily, go to settings, general, language and simply chose the language you want. There's heaps to chose from so you should be fine, if you want tell me the language ur after and il see if it's in the language list.

well i don't think it's in the list
the language is Arabic

There is a language which does look like it's Arabic, I can't read Arabic but the language listed in the list I'm talking about defiantly looks like it, maybe someone who reads Arabic on the forum can confirm it.

is it something like this العربية?

lol just to add some humor on here, not that im making fun of arabic at all, that text i quoted kinda looks like i says "ass yall"

lol just to add some humor on here, not that im making fun of arabic at all, that text i quoted kinda looks like i says "ass yall"
:D

it says here the iphone 4 support one if i bought mine from the UK i'll get all these languages or just english?

the languages are:
Language support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, and Vietnamese

you can add them from cydia, i used to add greek before it was officially added. but the good thing about apple is that where ever you buy the phone from it always hs the same languages, some phones like nokia have different languages depending where you buy it. for most ppl that doesent matter but for me it does

i'd like to contact apple in the UK but all what i can find on their website is phone numbers
I'm in other country so i'd like to email them so i need their email address
or if someone call them and ask them i'd really appreciate it
this what i want to know (my E-mail content i'm always ready :))
Hello i have some questions i live in Saudi Arabia and i'd like to order an i phone 4 from the online store in the UK
my post provide for me an address in the UK when i order something from the UK it will be sent to my address in the UK and then to my address in Saudi Arabia
so my questions are:
1-does the iphone 4 in the UK is unlock to any carrier?
2-do i need to activate the phone in the UK first or i can do that in Saudi Arabia?
3-can i have a free case upon ordering the iphone 4?

if any of you can help with these questions i'd really appreciate it

Last edited:
i'd like to contact apple in the UK but all what i can find on their website is phone numbers
I'm in other country so i'd like to email them so i need their email address
or if someone call them and ask them i'd really appreciate it
this what i want to know (my E-mail content i'm always ready :))
Hello i have some questions i live in Saudi Arabia and i'd like to order an i phone 4 from the online store in the UK
my post provide for me an address in the UK when i order something from the UK it will be sent to my address in the UK and then to my address in Saudi Arabia
so my questions are:
1-does the iphone 4 in the UK is unlock to any carrier?
2-do i need to activate the phone in the UK first or i can do that in Saudi Arabia?
3-can i have a free case upon ordering the iphone 4?

if any of you can help with these questions i'd really appreciate it

firstly if you buy it form apple uk the phone is unlocked, this is the first question and answer on the faq on the apple website. (Does iPhone work with any SIM card or carrier worldwide?
iPhone 3GS works with SIM cards and iPhone 4 works with micro-SIM cards from compatible carriers, including prepaid cards. Non-GSM carrier networks do not support iPhone. Availability of 3G data depends on carrier support for the radio frequencies used by iPhone.) Buy your iPhone from
Apple SIM-free.

It works with the carrier of your choice.
Buy your iPhone from the Apple Online Store and choose your own GSM carrier. You can change carriers at any time.

(note if you buy it from a carrier like o2, it comes locked and yes some people have made this mistake thinking it would be unlocked from the carriers)

2. i would activate it in the uk first just incase but i think you can do it in your own country. - actually scratch that activate it in the uk after seing this guy buy his iphone from the us and not be able to activate it in germany

I bought an iPhone 4 just before I went to Germany and didn't get to activate it in the US. I put in my AT&T sim card since I still have a contract with them. Now I am on version 4.1. Does anybody know how to activate the iPhone outside of the US? I have my AT&T card in there and SOMETIMES it says "waiting for activation, this may take some time". So what now?

after seing that i would say activate it in the uk.

yes you get a free case, but not with the phone you have to order it seperatly, im not sure if apple are still even doing the free case program i think its ended - actually no it has not ended its until the 30th september

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/case-program/

Last edited:
thank you that was very helpful
i can't activate the iphone in UK cuz i'm not in the UK the phone will be sent from my address in the UK to my address in SA as soon as it's delivered to the UK address i assume that there isn't a way to activate it in the UK i guess i'll take my chances

"Buy your iPhone from Apple SIM-free.
" all the iphones in the UK online store are SIM-free right?

thank you that was very helpful
i can't activate the iphone in UK cuz i'm not in the UK the phone will be sent from my address in the UK to my address in SA as soon as it's delivered to the UK address i assume that there isn't a way to activate it in the UK i guess i'll take my chances

"Buy your iPhone from Apple SIM-free.
" all the iphones in the UK online store are SIM-free right?

from the apple store yes, but if you go to vodafone or o2 or any uk carriers site and buy the phone then they will be locked to that carrier, so make sure you get it from an apple store Apple (United Kingdom)..

can the person from the uk who is going to send it to you activate it for you?

no i don't think so but thanks to all of you especially you paliometoxo you have been a big help

are currently in the UK?
and i'd like to talk to you on skype if that's ok with you
when do you usually sign in?

no i don't think so but thanks to all of you especially you paliometoxo you have been a big help

are currently in the UK?
and i'd like to talk to you on skype if that's ok with you
when do you usually sign in?

yes i am in the uk until the 22nd, skype? i never log in :)

if you want use here pm me but i dont log into msn or skype any more, if you have ichat i can add you there.